General Chat > Games

Where to buy PS5

<< < (2/2)

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: Magnetica on 22 April, 2022, 09:46:05 AM ---And a feature, I had completely ignored, I think will actually turn out to be a game changer for me, is playing in hand held mode whilst others watch TV.

--- End quote ---

And car trips. The Switch has been a revalation in our house and its mobility is just a joy. The boychild has moved onto a laptop on for a lot of his gaming but we still return to the Switch pretty regularly and its before a must for long journeys as well.

IndigoPrime:

--- Quote from: Magnetica on 22 April, 2022, 09:46:05 AM ---My son was worried that Star Wars: the Skywalker Saga wouldn’t be as good on here as PS5, but frankly I don’t see how much different it could be.
--- End quote ---
Mm. There’s a lot of tech like that, where it feels like diminishing returns unless you count polygons or have your nose pressed right up to the display. The Switch is fine – good, even – unless you’re desperate to dig into the finest of details within games. It’s hardly like the difference between a C64 and an Amiga, say.

The Enigmatic Dr X:
Plus, frankly, the Nintendo games are a joy. They're less about grind and obscure challenge and more about having fun.

We're big fans of Mario Party here. They whole family plays!

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 22 April, 2022, 01:04:57 PM ---We're big fans of Mario Party here. They whole family plays!

--- End quote ---

That is a great game indeed. We love it.

Link Prime:

--- Quote from: MumboJimbo on 22 April, 2022, 10:03:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: Magnetica on 22 April, 2022, 09:46:05 AM ---
Quick question: I see you can get a GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas triple pack for Switch, with upgraded graphics and a different targeting mechanism. Question is, is it worth it, or should I stick with the PS2 versions?

--- End quote ---

At launch those GTA ports were a shitty, buggy mess lacking the atmosphere of the originals. I think they’ve improved a bit since then, but the frame rate, on the Switch in particular, is appalling. If you’re lucky enough to have the PS2 originals, I’d say stick with them.

--- End quote ---

The patch updates must have done their job - the PS4 (via PS5) versions look and play great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version