Main Menu

Lawless 2023

Started by Tjm86, 31 December, 2022, 01:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

I'll be slouching about the place, making it look untidy, and periodically swinging by John and Dan's tables, where I'll be available to devalue any copies of Rok upon request.

(I'm actually staying round the corner at the Mercure, because the Hilton had bizarrely blocked off bookings in May when I was looking to book my room late last year, but I'll probably be in the bar at the Hilton until they throw me out. I should be around Friday evening, and all of Saturday and Sunday. Just look for the Gothest Man in the Room™ — that will almost certainly be me.  :) )
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 March, 2023, 12:37:12 PMI'll be slouching about the place, making it look untidy, and periodically swinging by John and Dan's tables, where I'll be available to devalue any copies of Rok upon request.

(I'm actually staying round the corner at the Mercure, because the Hilton had bizarrely blocked off bookings in May when I was looking to book my room late last year, but I'll probably be in the bar at the Hilton until they throw me out. I should be around Friday evening, and all of Saturday and Sunday. Just look for the Gothest Man in the Room™ — that will almost certainly be me.  :) )

I got your scrawls last year on both ROK books but will pop by and say hi again and I'm sure I'll find another book for you to sign 😁👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

Just over ten days away. Hoping to meet a few of you guys there.

McFad, I have a recommendation of a pub allegedly 8 minutes walk from the venue for a pint!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 16 May, 2023, 04:26:19 PMMcFad, I have a recommendation of a pub allegedly 8 minutes walk from the venue for a pint!

On the Sunday last year, John Higgins insisted we go to a pub 'round the corner' because the hotel bar had no Guinness. The pub he suggested did, indeed, have Guinness... it was also full of incredibly hammered locals performing Worzels karaoke. :)

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 16 May, 2023, 04:26:19 PMJust over ten days away. Hoping to meet a few of you guys there.

McFad, I have a recommendation of a pub allegedly 8 minutes walk from the venue for a pint!

That sounds good - you lead the way I'll follow 👍🏻😁🍺

Trooper McFad

Meant to say really looking forward to this.
Looking to get a few sketches from some art droids and going to the panels. It's a very Rogue Heavy list so might have to ask for a few to compare styles.

The wife is looking forward to the road trip more but I secretly think I'm slowly converting her 😁

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 May, 2023, 04:43:38 PM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 16 May, 2023, 04:26:19 PMMcFad, I have a recommendation of a pub allegedly 8 minutes walk from the venue for a pint!

On the Sunday last year, John Higgins insisted we go to a pub 'round the corner' because the hotel bar had no Guinness. The pub he suggested did, indeed, have Guinness... it was also full of incredibly hammered locals performing Worzels karaoke. :)

was that the Ship, just up the side of the church, covered in England flags? Yes a very ... interesting clientele that place. The woman behind the bar was more pissed than any of the punters

I'll be down Friday evening, and you may see me slouching around on sunday with a hangover wishing I'd booked an earlier train (like every Sunday at a con!)

Trooper McFad

Remember to wear a red carnation 😁and I'll say Hi and put a face to the name 👍🏻

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 May, 2023, 07:55:00 PMwas that the Ship, just up the side of the church, covered in England flags? Yes a very ... interesting clientele that place. The woman behind the bar was more pissed than any of the punters

That's the one! :)

Barrington Boots

Did you (and John Higgins) join in the karaoke?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 17 May, 2023, 09:31:50 AMDid you (and John Higgins) join in the karaoke?

We did not! (We didn't know the words. ;) )

Trooper McFad

Getting ready for next week by watching DREDD 😁😁😁😁

Bad City Blue

See you all there, I will be at the Sentinel table in the dealers room, with Sentinels, BOLT-01 books and some 2000ad shirts and mags to flog.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 25 May, 2023, 10:22:04 AMSee you all there, I will be at the Sentinel table in the dealers room, with Sentinels, BOLT-01 books and some 2000ad shirts and mags to flog.

Good to know - is that the special BOLT-01 annual?
If it is is it possible to save one for me?
Hi saw the "unboxing" online and it looks superb.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 25 May, 2023, 10:22:04 AMSee you all there, I will be at the Sentinel table in the dealers room, with Sentinels, BOLT-01 books and some 2000ad shirts and mags to flog.

I'll be along to collect my copy of the annual, it'll be a pleasure to meet you!