Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Just grudgingly watched How To Train Your Dragon, and am very glad a did. Brilliant film.

radiator

Last night we had some friends over for a Halloween double bill of The Blob (1980s remake) and Dawn of the Dead (1978 original).

Both films I'd seen before, but both thoroughly enjoyable. The Blob is surprisingly good (Frank Darabont popped up in the credits as a screenwriter, much to my surprise) and there's some pretty good creature fx, quite reminiscent of John Carpenter's The Thing. Some quality screen deaths too.

Tonight we watched Half Nelson on iPlayer. What a boring, meandering, overrated, pretentious film that was. Have no idea what point it was trying to make, nor I suspect did the film's makers. No discernable narrative and nothing to engage the viewer. Avoid.

Roger Godpleton

Ides of March. A bit Oscar-baity but enjoyable enough.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Spaceghost

Flash Gordon.

Perfect, absolutely perfect in every way.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

von Boom

Watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger was brilliant as Joker.

JvB

Greg M.

Quote from: radiator on 30 October, 2011, 09:07:56 PM
Last night we had some friends over for a Halloween double bill of The Blob (1980s remake) and Dawn of the Dead (1978 original).

Both films I'd seen before, but both thoroughly enjoyable. The Blob is surprisingly good (Frank Darabont popped up in the credits as a screenwriter, much to my surprise) and there's some pretty good creature fx, quite reminiscent of John Carpenter's The Thing. Some quality screen deaths too.

I really like the 'modern' (80s) Blob... it pulls a nice twist early on, and it stands proud amongst other decent-budget 80s films that feature people getting melted or otherwise coming to pieces. (Robocop, The Fly.)

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 31 October, 2011, 11:52:40 AM
Ides of March. A bit Oscar-baity but enjoyable enough.

Saw that on Friday. Interesting, but a bit predictable... the sort of film one damns with faint praise. Plus the last shot kinda annoyed me. I kept thinking [spoiler]'Don't look at the camera, this isn't 'Avatar'[/spoiler]...' but he did.

brendan1

John Carpenter's "The Ward".

Fucking shit.

Although Amber Heard is rather stunning. Is that her name? Anyway, she's great, the film is unoriginal, laughable, turgid and boring.

Mudcrab

Due Date (Robert Downey Jr) - basically Planes, Trains & Automobiles from the director/makers/whatever of The Hangover. I didn't switch it off so yeah, not bad for a sunday night giggle. Compared to P,T&A it's not so great, but a few bits made me laugh a fair bit despite thinking it was going to annoy me mostly. Couple of good cameos, particularly Danny McBride.

I guess they can say it's not a remake cos there are no trains in the film  :lol:
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Tiplodocus

DEATHWATCH - a World War I spookathon with brave Tommies lost in a spooky trench.  It gives the game away in about teh first minute thereby rendering the whole exercise pointless.  Not that scary either - surely a crime for a horror movie.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Hitman. Shitman, more like.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Damn - wish I'd thpught of that.

Can I change my review please.

DEATHWATCH? More like Shitwatch!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

brendan1

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 31 October, 2011, 10:50:47 PM
Damn - wish I'd thpught of that.

Can I change my review please.

DEATHWATCH? More like Shitwatch!

I would also like to change my review of John Carpenter's The Ward.

John Carpenter's The Ward? More like John Carpenter's The SHIT!

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Watched Midnight Meat Train last night.

More like Shit Shite Shit Train
You may quote me on that.

Satanist

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 29 October, 2011, 01:14:27 PM
The Village Directed by M Night Shaymalan.

I guessed the twist to that within 15 seconds, shurely shome kind of record
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?