Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 November, 2020, 10:24:57 AM
I think it's important we first agree a definition for 'committee'.

What do you mean by "definition"...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 November, 2020, 10:37:33 AM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 November, 2020, 10:24:57 AM
I think it's important we first agree a definition for 'committee'.

What do you mean by "definition"...?

(If you're being serious...)
Both perfectly valid points - if one happens to be preparing to discuss the nature of committees or definitions.

(If you're joking...)
Ha, ha, ha. Very amusing! :D

(If you're just being nasty...)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

A Committee for Public Safety should sort it out....
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Bring things to head, at least.

The Legendary Shark

As long as that head is suitably equipped with a hi-vis hard hat, ear defenders, face guard, neck shield, goggles, mask, sunscreen, tracking device, panic button, and multiphasic shields.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 November, 2020, 02:44:07 PM

As long as that head is suitably equipped with a hi-vis hard hat, ear defenders, face guard, neck shield, goggles, mask, sunscreen, tracking device, panic button, and multiphasic shields.

FTFY...
DDT did a job on me

von Boom

Trump is now actively blocking Biden's take over as President by sending in lawyers to stop the normal transition process. I'm looking forward to the high comedy of the secret service bodily throwing Trump out of the White House on inauguration day.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 11 November, 2020, 03:57:21 PM
Trump is now actively blocking Biden's take over as President by sending in lawyers to stop the normal transition process. I'm looking forward to the high comedy of the secret service bodily throwing Trump out of the White House on inauguration day.

Maybe I'm being irrational, but I'm feeling a bit of dread about the whole thing.  Watching the Biden administration physically assault the beloved idol of the assault-rifle-wielding voters could stir shit up even more.  What a thundering great snivelling baby of a man.  Why this 'strongman' adjective is used so often baffles me - he's the whiniest, most emotional and most oversensitive politician I've ever seen.   
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

FFS.

You'd think America has had so much practice getting rid of leaders of other countries that they could manage to get rid of their own.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Funt Solo

He'll walk out unassisted claiming all along that he's been robbed by cheaters. He's pathologically narcissistic, so it's his only option.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

von Boom

Quote from: Funt Solo on 11 November, 2020, 06:04:00 PM
He'll walk out unassisted claiming all along that he's been robbed by cheaters. He's pathologically narcissistic, so it's his only option.
I bet he'll hear this music in his head as he goes:

https://youtu.be/33izVlIOgnQ

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 11 November, 2020, 06:39:52 PM

:lol:
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Greg M.

He's got plenty of time to salt the earth before he goes, and he's more than capable.

M.I.K.

Quote from: von Boom on 11 November, 2020, 06:39:52 PM

Nope, I see absolutely no parallels between the strangely-hued, monasyllabic monster which is fuelled by rage and destroys everything in its path, and the Hulk.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: M.I.K. on 11 November, 2020, 08:13:51 PM
Nope, I see absolutely no parallels between the strangely-hued, monasyllabic monster which is fuelled by rage and destroys everything in its path, and the Hulk.

Niccccce.

I see even Boris Johnson has referred to him as 'the previous president' - a wee bit previous in itself but it kind of fucks Trump's idea of him being a kind of British mini-me. 

Which is not to say, of course, Johnson has any concept of morality and integrity himself - he realises which way the wind is blowing, is all.  But the Donald really needs to get the message through his thick skull, and every little helps.