Main Menu

Which 2000AD stories you would like back again?

Started by Goaty, 04 August, 2012, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

As Lenny Zero doing well and nice to see it back, with new story of The Simping Detective on the way!
As there was returns of Fresh and Strontium Dog  ...
I was read a old graphic book today, The Ballad of Halo Jones, it's brilliant! Wish for book 4 to that!

Any old 2000ADs you want comeback?

hippynumber1

SmallBlueThing

Shako! Clint Langley, or another artist going for a similar 'photo-real dynamism' in the art, and lots of gore to cause some public angst!

SBT

james newell

Rogue Trooper, the original, Friday or even a new reboot i dont mind.

Mardroid

Although I haven't really missed it now it's gone, I remember really liking Dead Set at the time, and hoping for more when it finished. An interesting twisty mind bending premise. A sequel needs to be done right though so as to not to fall into cliché territory.

Trout

Quote from: jmean on 04 August, 2012, 02:52:32 PM

j

They tried that. It wasn't very good. Sorry to all involved, but... yeah.

Frank

Quote from: Goaty on 04 August, 2012, 02:31:44 PM
As Lenny Zero doing well and nice to see it back, with new story of The Simping Detective on the way! As there was returns of Flesh and Strontium Dog  ... I was read a old graphic book today, The Ballad of Halo Jones, it's brilliant! Wish for book 4 to that! Any old 2000ADs you want comeback?

Whatever you think of Alan Moore and his stance on creators' rights, it's to 2000ad's credit that we were never treated to Mark Millar's Book 4, where Halo is resurrected as a hard-as-nails cyborg.  Or Zenith: before Maximan, for that matter.

There's no reason why anyone couldn't write decent new Rogue Trooper stories, and I'm sure there's a number of great artists who'd kill to illustrate them, but that's been tried so many times- and failed- that it seems better to let it lie. I'm sure that if the proposed film ever materialises, market forces mean someone else will be given a go.

Generally speaking though, I'd rather read a new idea that doesn't quite work than something that relies on thirty year old memories to make it work. Having said all that, I can't think of a single reason why Pat Mills is hawking Marshal Law round other publishers when Kev O'Neil's art and 2000ad were made for each other.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 04 August, 2012, 02:33:51 PM
Black Hawk! Now! Boo Cook on art please...
mmm... Are you not paying attention? Bald headed, black Roman Centurion? Remind you of anyone..?

hippynumber1

Ah! Am I missing something in the weekly prog that I don't buy! Gruddamnit! :lol:

james newell

Quote from: Trout on 04 August, 2012, 03:13:28 PM

j

yes maybe your right, "The lesson is 'never try'" --Homer Simpson

Trout

Quote from: jmean on 04 August, 2012, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: Trout on 04 August, 2012, 03:13:28 PM

j

yes maybe your right, "The lesson is 'never try'" --Homer Simpson

:)
They did. I suspect the character ran its course when he caught the one-armed man - er, I mean the Traitor General.

The return of GFD at Christmas was pretty good, but (just IMO) there's not much life left in Rogue.

Emperor

Tyranny Rex, Necronauts, Sancho Panzer and some more I'm sure.

[edit: Brigand Doom!!]
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SmallBlueThing

I say BOOOOOOOOOOO to you trout, you killer of dreams! BOOOOOOOOOOO! That's like saying there's no more life in rupert bear. Are you pepared to stamp on the shuddering, near-lifeless corpse of our nutwood chum? Are you?

SBT

Trout

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 04 August, 2012, 05:28:21 PM
I say BOOOOOOOOOOO to you trout, you killer of dreams! BOOOOOOOOOOO! That's like saying there's no more life in rupert bear. Are you pepared to stamp on the shuddering, near-lifeless corpse of our nutwood chum? Are you?

SBT

Yes.

SmallBlueThing