2000 AD > News

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

<< < (2/15) > >>

Trooper McFad:

--- Quote from: BPP on 30 July, 2021, 04:20:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 July, 2021, 04:16:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: dweezil2 on 30 July, 2021, 03:11:46 PM ---
A Rogue Trooper action figure is long overdue, I couldn't agree more.
Would be nice to see some alternative 2000AD characters receive some love for a change rather than the Dreddverse usual suspects.

--- End quote ---

Couldn’t agree more - a couple from Kingdom/ Lawless/ Bad company/ Harlem Hero’s/ Dante  - just mix it up as it gets a bit repetitive when it’s always the same go to characters.

Then again I’ll probably still open the wallet if they produce anything 😁

--- End quote ---

3A went:
Tharg
Mongrol
Ro-jaws
Judge fish
Gronk
Dredd
Sam slade
Death - fear - Mortis

And got slated for uncommerciality.

--- End quote ---

I don’t know how it was slated uncommercial. I was slow off the mark and didn’t manage to pick up
anything straight from any retail outlets 🙁. Now I’d have to pay silly amounts on eballs.
I suppose those that know the business crunch the numbers and we have to grin and bare it 😡

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: BPP on 30 July, 2021, 04:20:36 PM ---3A went:
Tharg
Mongrol
Ro-jaws
Judge fish
Gronk
Dredd
Sam slade
Death - fear - Mortis

--- End quote ---

Yes, but their prices were hardly competitive, and you had something like a 20-minute window at 2am in the morning in which to buy a new figure.

BPP:

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 July, 2021, 05:25:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: BPP on 30 July, 2021, 04:20:36 PM ---3A went:
Tharg
Mongrol
Ro-jaws
Judge fish
Gronk
Dredd
Sam slade
Death - fear - Mortis

--- End quote ---

Yes, but their prices were hardly competitive, and you had something like a 20-minute window at 2am in the morning in which to buy a new figure.

--- End quote ---

Their prices were what they were, a bit more than an equivalent hot toy that would sell x1000 more as it was marvel or whatever. 3A wasn’t cheap but I doubt anyone was making out gang busters off them.

The only 2000ad 3a which where time limited where the SDCC figures (alternate versions of gronk, fish & Rojaws) so the infamous 3A night-drops never applied. They kept orders open for Dredd, the dark judges and sam slade for months.

dweezil2:
I think if Hiya pitch these figures in line with their other lines at around £20, they'll have a better chance of shifting them.
The 3A range were great but probably out of reach, price wise, for most buyers, particularly casual ones.

lincnashOZ:

--- Quote from: dweezil2 on 30 July, 2021, 08:34:51 PM ---if Hiya pitch these figures in line with their other lines at around £20

--- End quote ---

HIYA specialize in 1/18 scale figures, so you have to remember if this DEATH (obviously) or other figures ever see the light of day, they are in teeny tiny scale.
20 squid? oww!

1/6 scale is 12" tall, think vintage Action Man size or modern Hot Toys, Sideshow etc.
First series by 3A was 1/6 scale and consisted of THARG and 2 of the original Meknificent Seven MONGROL and RO-JAWS, then years later as a last gasp before close of business, 1/6 DREDD and APOCALYPSE WAR DREDD  :lol:.
Extremely expensive, so the 1/6 series was dropped in favour of "less expensive half size" 1/12 scale.
1/12 scale are 6" tall and is the size of the second series of 3A 2000AD figures (DEATH, ROBO-HUNTER, FISH, GRONK, DREDD, LAWMASTER, FEAR and MORTISSSssssss) or modern Mezco One12, Star Wars 'black' series, etc.
1/18 scale are 3.75" tall, like vintage Star Wars and Action Force/GI Joe or reboot modern Star wars.

About 10 years ago I purchased HIYA TOYS first ever set of 6 figures, WW2 German Infantry.

"Hans! someone bent my Schmeisser"  :lol:
The flexible plastic used made the figures and accessories all suffer from "droop" (bent rifles like 1970s Airfix soldiers).
In the quest for articulation to match bigger scales, the elbow/knee pins and hinges are very large and detract from the visual aspect of the figures.
But hey, they are a very poseable action figure if that's your thing.
I usually open and select one pose, then it sits on my shelves in the collection, never posed again.
Hopefully HIYA have made leaps and bounds since their first releases but I am interested in seeing what may be on offer from the house of Tharg.
It's just the itty-bitty size of the figures that would put me off.
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version