Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - D.R. Quinch vs. Nikolai Dante Rd 4 Heat 3

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 July, 2022, 06:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well we'll start Round 4 with no gush of excitement. No giddy anticipation of the tough, enthralling ties to come. Instead to really fire up those juices with a service announcement! Turn around is so fast I've not been mixing up these thread openers the way I intended and just kept rattling on with the same ol' format (for the posts the comp ain't changing). I had plans and maybe next round but for now, well if it ain't broke and all that... what and EXPLOSION into Round 4 hey!

Quite the tussle this one. Fan fav comedy classic D.R. Quinch by Northampton(shires) finest come up against Russia's greatest rebelling hero. A good forewarning about what this Round will do to you!

Form book:

D.R. & Quinch - Bye; Medivac 318; Glimmer Rats

Nikolai Dante - Bye; Age of the Wolf; Caballistics Inc

D.R. & Quinch - more info

Vs

Nikolai Dante - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 8th  July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

IndigoPrime

DR and Quinch hasn't dated well. Having seen [spoiler]Jamie Smart's take in the 45th anniversary art book[/spoiler], I wouldn't mind a reboot along those lines for Regened, but otherwise it just isn't for me anymore. Nikolai Dante, though, rose from quite good beginnings to 2000 AD masterpiece. An easy win.

AlexF

Fondness for the handful of DR & Quinch anarchy can't compete with a mixture of fondness for and genuine admiration of 10+ years of anarchy and intrigue and indeed melodrama.

The Dashing Adventures of Nikolai Dante (and the lovers he left in his wake).

Timothy

Love me a bit of Waldo and Ernest, but against Dante they come a distant second.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Huey2

Barrington Boots

Easily Nikolai Dante. Also got a lot of love for DR and Quinch but Dante is one of the best things in the Prog, ever.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Magnetica

I can see how this is going to go: a lot of love for DR and Quinch, but not enough to prevent a comfortable win for Dante.

sintec

Touch draw for DR and Qunich for all it's anarchic laughs it can't compete with the epic saga that is Dante