Main Menu

Dredd Case Files 36

Started by robprosser, 23 December, 2020, 01:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I wonder how many are digital sales? This is one which I would like when I am all grown-up to collect but I would like it to be HC (which I believe is not the case with the current collection).
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Given that precisely one Case Files volume has been released in HC, I wouldn't hold your breath for any more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Casefiles-10th-Anniversary/dp/1781083320

broodblik

I have completed the case files and here is my highlights:

Incubus - This is a great cross-over and in many ways divines how good  a cross-over can be when it is done correctly. I helps when the art is by the magnificent Flint. He is my modern Dredd artists. The way the story is told makes it much more believe that the Aliens are part of the Dredd-verse.

Out of the Undercity - A very good story related to the underworld as the werewolves tale gets another jab at it (old faces return as well). The art by Critchlow is just as great as his new style is again displayed here.

Radlander - John Ridgway provides the great visuals for a tale of revenge and true justice. Justice is delivered but not by Dredd this round

Give me Liberty - A good Dredd story by Rennie and Gibson as a block decides it is time  to declare their independence. We all know how this will end.

Overall a good addition to the case files, enjoyed all the stories in it with Incubus the champion leading the pack
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Arkady

The final cover printed in the back of Vol.36 is a Flint piece for Drwdd Vs Alien Vs Predator. But wasn't that triple-crossover a much more recent thing published outwith the prog/Meg?

broodblik

The Dredd vs Alien vs Predator was never printed in the meg or prog

GoGilesGo

Quote from: broodblik on 15 February, 2021, 05:59:57 AM

Out of the Undercity - A very good story related to the underworld as the werewolves tale gets another jab at it (old faces return as well). The art by Critchlow is just as great as his new style is again displayed here.

Whole-heartedly agree with this. It took me a while to track down Out of the Undercity (I bought the Mega Collection 74 solely to read it) and despite my high expectations it exceeded them.

Fab Carl Critchlow art, an empathetic Dredd, a wonderfully fleshed out Judge Prager and a perfect ending.