Spoilers > Other Reviews

2022 Sci-Fi Special

(1/5) > >>

JayzusB.Christ:
Very quick review here, but I really enjoyed this one - best Sci-Fi Special in a long time.

Dredd was great - one of Mike Carroll's best, and it somehow captured a bit of 80s MC1 nostalgia, with all its mayhem and weird vehicles and the like.

SinDex was very nice too; much in the spirit of the early SinDex one-offs in the Christmas specials.

Special mention to Fiends; which was truly chilling, and contained a nice slice of history (my German mate Hannes recently told me of how his dad used to take similar trips through the Wall to West Berlin, which I hadn't realised was possible).

Death - great stuff, and really good fun to see so many different faces of the Joker, again a bit of nostalgia involved re. when 2000ad wasn't afraid to prod some very powerful companies' lawyers with a stick.  Not sure Dredd would so readily encourage Death to hand-pierce so many Mega-Cits however.

Anderson - Good stuff, fairly nailed her character as Alan Grant developed her.  I still find it hard to deal with her looking like a 25-year-old, but ah well, suspension of disbelief and all.

Middenface - Liked this too.  Sort of a Judgement on Gotham vibe, with serious inebriation.

broodblik:
JayzusB is spot on, this was one of the best Sci-Fi Specials in recent memory.

The more weird thing for me was that the Sin/Dex story was my favorite. It tells a story of  a gun and how this gun swapped hands.

The Dredd tale was awesome as well and it would be nice to have Stewart Kenneth Moore getting more work done for the prog

SmallBlueThing(Reborn):
Yep, the SiniDex was the standout and it was a sliding scale all the way down to Anderson, but most were in the upper half.

Definitely the best Sci-Fi Spesh for long, long while.

SBT

Steven Austin:
Glad you enjoyed it! As well as a creator droid i'm also a fan and really enjoyed the Dredd story, big fan of Stewart's art work and concur...more please.

JayzusB.Christ:

--- Quote from: Steven Austin on 16 July, 2022, 09:07:20 PM ---Glad you enjoyed it! As well as a creator droid i'm also a fan and really enjoyed the Dredd story, big fan of Stewart's art work and concur...more please.

--- End quote ---

Hey, it's the Six Million Dollar Art Droid! (Sorry, I'm sure you've heard that six million times before.)  Great work on the Death story; some amazing artwork there.  Kind of in the Bolland tradition, or even Staples' penwork.  Looking forward to more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version