Spoilers > Other Reviews

Sandman TV Series

<< < (2/12) > >>

Jim_Campbell:
Verrrry odd to have been a lone voice shouting that the Emperor is naked* right through the monthly run of Sandman, only to now be be in the exact opposite position with the TV series…

*I actually had a magazine piece spiked by editorial circa 'Season of Mists' on the grounds that, and I quote: "You can't say that about Sandman."

oshii:

--- Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 August, 2022, 09:04:10 PM ---Only up to Ep2. I’m on record as very much not being a fan of the original series, but I’m enjoying the TV series a lot.

--- End quote ---

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the comic, Jim?

Tomwe:
I'm very much enjoying it and the inclusion of certain characters point to them hoping it goes the distance. I also thought it quite otherworldly and dreamy throughout to be honest, like I thought there was sometimes a warp over peoples faces that harks back to the stretched photocopying effect people like Chris Bachalo would use.

sheridan:
I gather The Sandman is the top Netflix streamed show in around eighty countries - so it's only a matter of time before the announcement is made that the second series has been greenlit...

sheridan:

--- Quote from: sheridan on 08 August, 2022, 12:22:25 PM ---I gather The Sandman is the top Netflix streamed show in around eighty countries - so it's only a matter of time before the announcement is made that the second series has been greenlit...

--- End quote ---
54 out of 89 markets, according to this website (the majority of the other markets it's in 2nd or 3rd place).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version