Main Menu

Extreme Edition 16 - Al's Baby

Started by The Amstor Computer, 15 May, 2006, 07:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Not in my local post office today, but I CAN NOT WAIT!  I thought it was a rare gem in the early dissapointing meg.

I also insist my theory that the baby would turn out to be fargo (names changed etc.) was gold, GOLD!  Don't listen to wagner, I know the truth, origins is a whitewash!

Just think of the irony etc.

Dog Deever

Als Baby- fantastic! Totally agree with Amstor about Carlos' pre computerised colour styling. It was his best period as far as i'm concerned. His drawing is better now than ever before (kind of amazing really, as it was brilliant before), but the more recent colour work has taken away someof the vitality of his stuff. Still sneckin tops though!
I'm going to get the one with Revere in it- to give me the pleasure of burning it to a crisp without reading a single page! It will take more than a camera to sort out all those melty 'people'. Shit! I can feel 'Art Rage' coming on....DON'T MENTION REVERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Leigh S

Bolt-01

I asked Matt if he would do Revere as a tpb considering the amount of effort involved. His reply was that Revere is too 'niche' for a tpb.

Also, he passed the question about the SSrat onto his superiors but never heard back.

Bolt-01

IndigoPrime

:: Revere is too 'niche' for a tpb

*sob*

DavidXBrunt

So you get it for ?3 instead of ?12. Boo hoo.

Isn't that cover still great? I mean even though it's the first reprinted cover isn't it just brilliant?

IndigoPrime

:: So you get it for ?3 instead of ?12. Boo hoo.

Big difference between a nice, shiny TPB and a comic. I'll still buy a Revere EE, but I'd have loved a trade version. Still, from an investment standpoint, it makes perfect sense for Rebellion to not go down the book route with this tale.

Satanist

Picked this up at lunchtime. I'm sure I've read the start but don't remember much. I'll read it tonight with a beer in hand and feet on table.

Oh and that is a top cover!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Keef Monkey

I thought I'd read Al's Baby before but turns out that was the sequel, it makes more sense now! Cracking tale.

DavidXBrunt

Work on the photostrup version of Als Baby continues apace, here's a sneak preview of the scen where Al makes an anouncement in Vinnys.http://www.strontiumdog.myby.co.uk/dcv/Pict0071.jpg">

Dudley

You're not fooling anyone.  That's clearly the baby.

I, Cosh

Got this on the way home from town this evening. I'd never read it before and it was top class. Fortunately the train was pretty quiet so I could snort away without attracting too much attention.
We never really die.

Rex Banner

Nice advert on the back. Who did the art?

Rob Spalding

From the Rebellion panel, I got the impression the Revere EE is still coming, but as it's on the 4 colour film, which requires scanning each page 4 times to get the whole thing, it's going to take some time.

Be fair, the man has to put together 2000ad and the Meg in the same time as well.

(If you need an assistant, I'm looking for a job Matt!)  ;)

The Amstor Computer

So Revere is actually being scanned from film and not from original art (likely lost, binned or resold, I'd imagine) or prog pages (likely to give a terrible end result)?

I was under the impression that a big chunk of 2K material from that period no longer existed on film or as original art. Does anyone have any idea of how comprehensive the 2K archives actually are? I know at least one boarder helped out with the grand Nerve Centre transfer...