Main Menu

1925 - Force Of nature

Started by Bad City Blue, 01 April, 2015, 02:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

I have done a review of the last two progs (1924 and 1925) on my blog, so if you want to have a read click the link!

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/2000ad-1924-1925-new-readers-start-here.html

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

TordelBack

Arsom cover!

It's mildly frustrating to find next week's prog review thread when I haven't been able to get out to the shops to get this week's yet.  Might there be a place for a 'preview' thread for comment prior to Saturday's sub's reviews? I'm used to being half a week behind, but at this rate it'll be a fortnight. I do appreciate that BCB hasn't posted any spoilers etc on the thread itself.

Fungus

Can't go wrong with a Davis cover  :)
Yet another head shot... Tharg does go for them it seems.

Bad City Blue

I thought it was okay to do it, and the review has only minor plot spoilers for the stories (in case anyone is worried).

TordelBack

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 01 April, 2015, 02:50:42 PM
I thought it was okay to do it, and the review has only minor plot spoilers for the stories (in case anyone is worried).

I'm sure it's fine! Just maundering, as ever.

Molch-R

Hey Alan, if you could restrict cover and contents reveals till a Saturday prior to publication I'd appreciate it!

Dark Jimbo

QuoteEarth Mother-loving barbarian Slaine has been knocking around for donkeys years, with creator Pat Mills bouncing him through time to basically kick shit out of various magical knobheads. His latest jaunt is Book 2 of 'The Brutania Chronicles', and the first two episodes are basically him having a scrap with a magical knobhead, both parties talking bollocks throughout.

:lol: You certainly tell it like it is!
@jamesfeistdraws

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Molch-R on 01 April, 2015, 02:54:53 PM

Hey Alan, if you could restrict cover and contents reveals till a Saturday prior to publication I'd appreciate it!

No worries

mejustnow

What does the ogham alphabet (I presume?) spell out on the banner above to 2000ad logo?

I've tried to work it out - starts S B I think, so was expecting the artist's name; after that it devolves into nonsense.

I suspect I'm using the wrong alphabet to translate it against.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

James Stacey

"The Galaxies Greatest Comic" by the look of it

Zenith 666

Thryllseekyr is going to go into meltdown when he sees that cover.

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 01 April, 2015, 03:21:52 PM
Thryllseekyr is going to go into meltdown when he sees that cover.

Soth! It's the spit of Harry Styles!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fungus on 01 April, 2015, 02:44:58 PM
Yet another head shot... Tharg does go for them it seems.

He certainly does doesn't he. I'm quite sure that Tharg has a much more informed opinion about what works and what sells but I find it quite frustrating.When you see some of the really innovative, eye catching covers out there these days portraits, however well they are rendered - and lets be honest Simon Davis renders them better than almost anyone - seem really flat to me.

I'd guess (wild, wild guess) that Tharg is looking for something that sits amongst a different set of covers than ya average comic. So other comics are competing against themselves, were as 2000ad is competing amongst the more general covers of a WHSmith rack and so has to fit in there?

Still frustrating as it seems to shackle the talent.

Frank

THARG NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THE READERS AND STOP USING PORTRAITS OF CHARACTERS AS COVERS!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=41635.0

ZenArcade

Aye, there's an election on and due to reader outrage, potential next PM Nick Clegg has just went on Twitter indicating floggings for Tharg and his droid minions if this doesn't stop NOW! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead