Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Quote from: ming on 20 May, 2021, 02:17:53 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 20 May, 2021, 01:28:55 PM
Another great page you are a lucky man- 3 amazing books of outstanding art

I hope your family can appreciate the contents.

Four books in all; I think one is now finished and the other three just have a last page left (all sitting with artists now).  It's been a much longer slog than I envisaged at the beginning; a real labour of love but the support from artists and the affection for 2000AD from everyone involved in this has been abundantly clear.  I'll do a proper wrapping up when it's all over (probably still a fair way off since the pieces emerge when they're ready and I know artists have much better things to do than this).  I've only seen three of the books in person once, at the 40th bash, so we'll all ogle them properly once they're home...

Four 😳 that will be some unwrapping when you have all of them sitting in front of you 👍🏻

If it's not too much work I'm sure some sort of virtual book or 4 would be viewed in awe but the folks on here.
Your books have inspired me to do my own sort of sketch book (as I don't have the wall space) but only sketches at cons so sadly due to covid I'd only got to 3 Dredd heads from Foster, Cornwell and Higgins. Roll on the vaccine 🤞🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

ming

Some glorious Full Tilt Boogie action from the marvelous Eduardo Ocaña Alonso...  And this one wraps up one book, which is now back with me after a mere seven years (this all started nearly ten years ago); this book started off in Spain with Carlos and ended up back there with Ed, which was kind of pleasing.  Anyway, I've scanned everything and made a .pdf but I'll figure out how to share all this properly in due course...

Colin YNWA

Eduardo Ocaña Alonso is just brilliant and that's  just wonderful. Hope Full Tilt boogie is back in the Prog soon.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 June, 2021, 12:20:51 PM
Eduardo Ocaña Alonso is just brilliant and that's  just wonderful. Hope Full Tilt boogie is back in the Prog soon.
The next chapter is being written by Alex
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 01 June, 2021, 07:08:50 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 June, 2021, 12:20:51 PM
The next chapter is being written by Alex

WAYHEY!

ming

The updates to this thread have never been very frequent and will hopefully cease altogether before too long (two artists currently in possession and then that's that; very weird after over a decade of contributions). 

Anyway, yesterday the final contribution in the fourth book I sent out appeared, courtesy of Mark Stafford (whose work I love to bits). Just the first two books to come back and then it's all over.

Wiggz

Thats really cool! Thanx for sharing Ming!

Colin YNWA

So hard to believe this is almsot done. Its been a thread that I always get excited when I see pop up and this one shows why!

Fantastic piece and then two more and a quest that started with 2 books (wasn't it) doubled in size to 4 (hasn't it) and must have been a joy to see develop in the flesh is almost done. Just an amazing achievement.

On a tangent was your Felix one of the Looshkins in the recent issue of Phoenix? Ohhh have you got Jamie Smart in there? I can't remember???

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 May, 2022, 02:11:24 PM
Fantastic piece and then two more and a quest that started with 2 books (wasn't it) doubled in size to 4 (hasn't it) and must have been a joy to see develop in the flesh is almost done. Just an amazing achievement.

On a tangent was your Felix one of the Looshkins in the recent issue of Phoenix? Ohhh have you got Jamie Smart in there? I can't remember???

Yeah, I started with two 2000AD 35th Anniversary sketchbooks from SDCC that someone gifted me, but after Brett sat on one for over a year I figured I'd need to try and expand the loony scheme a bit just to keep it moving.  Luckily I was able to add two more books but there have still been some lengthy waits involved (the record is four years four months (and counting...)).  Will scan everything when it's all done and dusted and figure out how to make these visible to anyone who wants to peruse them...

No Feliks in the Phoenix (just featured in the Looshkin costume for World Book Day a few years back); still avid readers though!  No Jamie Smart in the books but it would have been a good idea!  There are plenty of gaps in terms of artists but it was never intended to be an open-ended project and I'll be more than happy with how it's turned out in the end.