Main Menu

Pimp My Ride UK

Started by pauljholden, 10 December, 2005, 01:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Wow. I just ... good grief... Is Westwood basically a real life Ali G? Has that bloke designing things actually got a comb over that seems to have slouched off the side of his head? Could the tv show not have found whiter people to present this?

It's really trying hard to be cool ... but it so isn't.

Quirkafleeg

Oddly I too saw this for the first time tonight (meant to watch it when it first came on but missed the first ep and then forgot about it)...

Westwood is basically the wigger's wigger...

I've seen a couple of the originals and that was kinda cool and self-parodyingly sad in a cool way. The UK version is just sad. It's like the difference between a real American diner and the 'OK diner' just down the road from were I live.

Art

no plans to get a car wih UV underlighting now you're driving?

Quirkafleeg

If it aint got a Halford's body kit on it, it aint a car!

Art

You should drive into the Newton centre car-park and do "donuts" whilst playing loud Garage to shitup the local grannies.

SamuelAWilkinson

Westwood is best described as the whitest black white man in history.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Max Kon

if i had a ride i'd pimp it

Matt Timson

I thought Westwood was best described as a fucking twat- but there you go...
Pffft...

Wils

I'm surprised the programme actually needed to be watched to realise how bad it obviously is. The title alone lets you know that it's aimed at the same sad knackers that are turned on by the sea of shapeless bints in boob tubes in the *awful* Need for Speed Most Wanted.

Female cop (in boob tube): "I want to look...under his hood."

[cue ratboys and saddos frantically beating themselves off]

pauljholden

Actually, I'm going to make a point of tuning in again, it's so awful it's genius.

-pj

Bico

There was a running joke in Viz about Tim Westwood's uncle being the Archbishop of something or other - is this true.

pauljholden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Westwood

Tim Westwood (born 1958 as son of a Christian Bishop) is a British rap DJ and presenter of the Radio 1 Rap Show.

Although it's from the currently highly contraversial wikipedia so how knows if that's true or not.

There was a really funny bit last night when Westwood was givin' it all "Yo, yo, you can shure 'nuff hunt the ghettoe wiv dat' skateboard on your half tunnel hoopla' (or something, if I'm honest I made that all up but it makes more sense that what he actually said) and the dude he was talking too corrected him about the name of the skateboard thing (half-pipe IIRC) at which point Westwood looked like he was about to say "Oh, for God's sake Nigel, I was in CHARACTER". Sadly he didn't say that.

Website here: http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtvuk/shows/pimpmyride/microsite/index.html

Where you can watch the latest episode. Is it me or does Westwood look like should really be working in the accounts department of a bank in Milton Keynes?

-pj

Matt Timson

Probably.  He definately talks the way he does because he wants to and not because he grew up on the streets with the bad boys.  A bit like Nigel "nuffink'' Kennedy and his mock council estate speak.  Learned to talk like that at your private school, did you Nige?

Pffft...
Pffft...

pauljholden

Makes you wonder though - the only reason I don't buy the whole 'Yo, yo, yo I wuz born in de ghetto' thing is cus he just doesn't look like it (he prolly shoulda stuck to radio) how many other people are putting it on that DO look the part?

Still, in its own way it's quiet admirable, he's not going to let his white middle-class upbringing get in the way of his dream of being a ghetto-gangster... (Actually, not sure how Viz could have created a character that was anything but a shadow of the real thing)

Also: the episode I saw, the bloke getting the pimping seemed to lack the unsubtle enthusiasm of his American brethren (as I recall, his glowing endorsement of the pimpage was 'Yeah, it's nice')

-pj

Bart Oliver

A quick Google turned this up.

++ (dated 30/11/99) Death of Bishop Westwood

The Chairman reported with sadness the death of the former Bishop of Peterborough, The Right Reverend William Westwood . ++

So there was a Reverend Westwood..

Add to that a less than complimentary review of a Westwood DJ set performed in Norwich on the BBC website.

++ Tim Westwood is a unique hip-hop DJ: white, the                wrong side of 40 and the son of bishop. ++

Tim works for Auntie so it must be true.

Obviously you're not a golfer.