Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

All three of your new pieces are stunning in "high def" over on CAF, Mark.

You must be running out of kidneys to sell  :D

Link Prime

Very nice Defoe there Mark.
Gallagher's art very much reminds me of 70's / 80's Bryan Talbot.
Would love to see him do a B&W ABC Warriors.

hippynumber1

I agree; there seems to be a clear Talbot influence in his work - a b&w ABC story from him would be something else! Mmmmmm, maybe there's a commission in there somewhere...

Fatboydale

6 days and counting and i shall show my latest find ..... and i may just become single for this one ...and it truly is a grail ...?????? :-*

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 03 June, 2013, 08:12:16 PM
6 days and counting and i shall show my latest find ..... and i may just become single for this one ...and it truly is a grail ...?????? :-*

Can't wait to see!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

I may have had a peek behind the curtain.  :-X

Prepare yourselves younglings...

Fatboydale

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 June, 2013, 10:47:21 PM
I may have had a peek behind the curtain.  :-X

Prepare yourselves younglings...

Smoke screen .....it's not the grail ...honest link prime

Spikes

Quote from: Wake on 28 May, 2013, 10:27:03 AM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 May, 2013, 07:27:30 PMWow! Now that is a real knockout piece, and thats no mistake. Wake certainly had some choice items up for grabs, didnt he. Any more heading the forum's way Wake?

I visited Brett on Saturday. He was looking quite a lot better than when I last saw him (just before the incident). I looked through his pile of Skreemer artwork and selected a dozen pages to sell, so they should be up soon. I'm also planning to put up the Bad Company 2002 pages since I don't have any more of the earlier stories. The story itself wasn't that great but there's a lot of nice artwork in it, and I think that was Brett's last work for 2000AD.

Brett is currently writing a novel (a thriller) which he's hoping to get published by Alan McKenzie by Christmas. His arthritis means that he can't take on any drawing work (at least nothing with a deadline) but he is able to write quite fast (in all caps as per comic lettering) and someone else is then typing his work up after he has edited it.

Now Skeemer isnt a strip im familiar with, at all. But a quick looksee at your art page reveals some nice pieces. And glad to hear Brett is looking a lot better.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Judge Jack on 04 June, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Now Skeemer isnt a strip im familiar with, at all. But a quick looksee at your art page reveals some nice pieces. And glad to hear Brett is looking a lot better.

Its absolutely worth checking out its absolutely brilliant and is normally available fairly easily on eBay at reasonable prices. Amongst Pete Milligan's best work and he's done some crackers as we all know.

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 04 June, 2013, 04:20:12 PM
Quote from: Wake on 28 May, 2013, 10:27:03 AM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 May, 2013, 07:27:30 PMWow! Now that is a real knockout piece, and thats no mistake. Wake certainly had some choice items up for grabs, didnt he. Any more heading the forum's way Wake?

I visited Brett on Saturday. He was looking quite a lot better than when I last saw him (just before the incident). I looked through his pile of Skreemer artwork and selected a dozen pages to sell, so they should be up soon. I'm also planning to put up the Bad Company 2002 pages since I don't have any more of the earlier stories. The story itself wasn't that great but there's a lot of nice artwork in it, and I think that was Brett's last work for 2000AD.

Brett is currently writing a novel (a thriller) which he's hoping to get published by Alan McKenzie by Christmas. His arthritis means that he can't take on any drawing work (at least nothing with a deadline) but he is able to write quite fast (in all caps as per comic lettering) and someone else is then typing his work up after he has edited it.

Skreemer was a great series Peter Milligan wrote for DC (Vertigo maybe), the art is by Brett and Steve Dillon, and I recommend seeking it out.. It would have worked really well in 2000ad.

And on another note I wonder just what a Dale Grail could be! Maybe the cover of Prog 1.
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Skreemer was brilliant - hunt it down now!

Simon Beigh

Some of you may have seen this on eBay recently, and I was lucky enough to bag it. It's page 2 of the Dredd movie prequel. My first Henry Flint. First of many, I think...

It also has a rather nice sketch on the back:

hippynumber1

Spikes

Very nice, SB!
Good stuff from Henry - and great that he's added a sketch on the back.
(Me and Mark never got that on ours!)

hippynumber1

We should put in a formal complaint!