Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

That's a lovely couple of pages. Mr Marshall is getting even better!

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Definitely the pick of the bunch (it's the one I wanted!)  ;)

dark-spartan

spoiler - not 2000ad art but UK art

This is probably not in right place but I thought I would share with you anyway.  I believe that its a page from the UK Magazine Deadline (I can't remember which one).  Anyway seeing as how I had been posting my art on the board I thought you might like this one.  I unfortunately can't remember the artist but its a massive piece and I loved it right from when I first opened the package.

Jim_Campbell

Yep. Atomic Baby from Deadline. Couldn't tell you the issue, either, I'm afraid...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Wake

Quote from: ming on 13 September, 2013, 01:59:06 PM
I was considering chasing this but by the sounds of it it's probably a good idea that I just forgot about it :lol:  Anyway, congrats, Wake - a really beautiful piece of art and a historically important one.  Post up a decent scan if you can, please.

It's even better in the flesh than I'd hoped for :-) I scanned it in two parts on my work A3 scanner and managed to stitch the images together with the join in the white between frames.

Skullmo

That is an absolutely lovely page Wake!

I love Ezquerra's stuff and that is a very fine example of it.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Sideshow Bob

That's just a wonderful page, Wake......

Apart from being wonderfully drawn with an amazing amount of detail......I particularly like the way it's only 'partially' coloured....The Black and White parts of / in it,  really 'draws' the eye....An absolutely amazing piece...

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Spikes

Aye, a simply lovely page there, Wake:thumbsup:
Those early Stronty's are gold.

Link Prime

Very nice Wakefield. Very nice.

hippynumber1

Like Ming, I considered chasing this. Glad it's gone to a fellow boarder and now has as fine a home as could be hoped for. Well done Sir!

ming

Quote from: Wake on 19 September, 2013, 04:00:37 PM
It's even better in the flesh than I'd hoped for :-)

Blaster to flesh!  :lol:

Fantastic page, Wake - you must be chuffed about this one!  As for the partial colour, I wonder whether Carlos got part-way through colouring this before he realised (or was told) that the story wasn't to be printed in full colour?  I suspect not, to be honest - the first two pages are fully coloured but the rest appear to be like this one; partial B&W, partial grey tones on the printed page (presumably indicating that, like the page you have, they're also partially coloured).

Anyway, it's a stunner  :)

Greg M.

Quote from: ming on 20 September, 2013, 09:26:00 AM
As for the partial colour, I wonder whether Carlos got part-way through colouring this before he realised (or was told) that the story wasn't to be printed in full colour?

I actually thought that was the case - that it had originally been intended as a full colour piece but changes in the originally-planned format for Starlord had been made, so he stopped colouring it halfway through. Dunno where I'm getting that from though. Great page either way.

Simon Beigh

Another delivery from Karl Richardson. I'm such a huge fan of his work. Here we have the prelim for Prog cover 1783, which he scanned into his computer and inked an coloured digitally after that.

And it's another Day of Chaos piece to add to my collection :)

As published (from BARNEY)

Spikes

Quote from: Greg M. on 20 September, 2013, 10:59:47 AM
I actually thought that was the case - that it had originally been intended as a full colour piece but changes in the originally-planned format for Starlord had been made, so he stopped colouring it halfway through. Dunno where I'm getting that from though.

The second to last owner (Ian Senior - one of the big 2000ad original art dealers) had all that info in the description when he was selling it on e-Bay, the other year.

And just had a mail back from King Carlos - who, unfortunatley, cant recall the exact details, but suspects that what's been attributed to the page, is in fact, what actually happened; That plans were changed rather late in the day, regarding colouring the full strip.

EDIT: Just seen you new DoC piece, Simeon! Sell it to me, you have enough DoC pieces now!!

Rather grand stuff, though  :thumbsup:

blackmocco

And it makes that disintegrated skeleton look all the more eerie...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com