Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

That teaser does not meet the standard expected of this thread. You need to include some concrete detail. For instance, is there a man on the page?

Skullmo

Quote from: Greg M. on 26 September, 2013, 11:28:17 AM
That teaser does not meet the standard expected of this thread. You need to include some concrete detail. For instance, is there a man on the page?

That is true - I was going to include a snippet, however photobucket has been blocked at work :-(

It has 2 men on it! In battle . . . It is definitely one for the old skool fans and not the modern art collectors out there. Judge Jack may even like it - even though he is in his mid-art crisis.
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

I don't remember 2000AD running an adaptation of 'Women in Love'...

Skullmo

I don't remember 2000AD running an adaptation of 'Women in Love'...   :lol:

I just realised - It's not even 2000ad!

Close enough though :-P

ming

So this is a page from something other than 2000AD, and features two men, fighting... Hmmm.

I like a bit of art detective work as much as the next art geek, but we need a leetle more to go on, seƱor...

Spikes

How many arms do these two fighting men have?

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 September, 2013, 04:44:30 PM

...and are they hitting each other with them?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 September, 2013, 04:44:30 PM

There's nothing better than a comic where you have to ask that...

Skullmo

And nothing better than when you actually have check the amount of arms, as I just did!

OK - just got home. Here is the teaser image. It was supposed to be delivered today but the postman never turned up! :-( I think there will be some people who guess just from this.  :lol:

smiffy

Strontium Dog cover to issue 13 of Starlord?

Skullmo

Colin YNWA

Quote from: smiffy on 27 September, 2013, 12:02:08 AM
Strontium Dog cover to issue 13 of Starlord?

What is it defo not this one, its was my firstst guess but I'm convinced its thats the one. Weird.

Simon Beigh

So whilst Skullmo is being a big old tease, I'll pop up a couple of pages I recently picked up. Does everyone know I like Shakara? I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, or not? Anyway, just in case I haven't mentioned it before - well - I like Shakara :D

This is a real cliffhanger from the final book. What will become of everyone's favourite alien avenging machine after Cinnabar has put his fist through most of his upper anatomy?

And I really like Zombo too, so was pleased to pick this cover up - which is my favourite Zombo cover. I think it captures the big old half man, half zombie in his more playful side... ;)

ming

Great pages - especially that Shakara one.  Henry's a Modern Marvel.

Simon Beigh

Cheers ming. I got asked a little while ago what I thought was special about Henry's work. My answer was one word. Energy. I don't think anyone can put as much motion and movement into a piece of art as Henry can. Genius. Simple as that!