2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Don't know how those artists can do it!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: SimeonB on 09 October, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
And here is the spiritual brother to that "Willsher Does Kirby" Dredd cover, which resides in my collection! This time with added mutants :)

That is a beautiful Kirby-tastic piece of art. I have serious envy

Spikes

Love these 'faux' covers. Mr Ben comes up with the goods yet again.
And this kinda reminds me of that cover, by Henry Flint, for the FCBD issue of 2000ad. Think somebody mentioned that the art was destined for e-Bay, but i dont think they ever showed up there...

Fatboydale

ok not Original art .... but the Original pages used .... ( there is some original background inking on the Nemesis pieces ... could have been Kev Oneill ??? ) so all stats really ...

and a little color Dillon stat , never seen one of these before ...

maryanddavid

Brilliant stuff Dale, you are tracking them down slowly but surely!

Skullmo

A couple of Moon Runners pages by the Maestro Massimo Belardinelli. These are both signed as well, which is nice!

Title page - I love the monster on here (not having read Moon Runners I am not sure what it is).

And the best page of the series - the final page  ;)

Spikes

Quote from: Fatboydale on 09 October, 2013, 09:18:12 PM
ok not Original art .... but the Original pages used .... ( there is some original background inking on the Nemesis pieces ... could have been Kev Oneill ??? ) so all stats really ...

Very nice pieces, and very interesting to see these, Dale.
Stuff like this, you would imagine, wouldnt survive the years, or would be considered fairly disposable?
But a nice look behind the scenes. Brilliant stuff,  :thumbsup:

ming

Yeah, very nice to see those, Dale - really something a bit special.

Fatboydale

A few stats and painted pages ....

SuperSurfer

Love looking at all that worthy but slightly off the beaten path artwork.

Dez Skinn writes about the design rationale of that era of covers here.
http://dezskinn.com/quality-periodicals/

Simon Beigh

Great to see these Dale, thanks for sharing them. Especially like the Visible Man and Harry 20...

dark-spartan

The Harry 20 and Rogue Trooper ones are just fantastic - I'm a huge fan of paste up covers.  I used to work for a newspaper years ago and so have a special place for sticking things down for print.

Fatboydale

I love the stats , mainly because i cannot find the originals .... and they were printed ,my collecting ethos is not printed stay away ... 

Forgot about this cover .... which was printed ...

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 15 October, 2013, 08:51:00 PM
I love the stats , mainly because i cannot find the originals .... and they were printed ,my collecting ethos is not printed stay away ... 

Forgot about this cover .... which was printed ...

Classic Bolland