Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 September, 2014, 07:28:46 PM
Lovely Hippy - I do like Dobbyn's art. I know you are a fan of those terrible 90s stories so you must be chuffed to get that! :lol:

Picked this up from Carlos at NICE this weekend. I finally have an Apocalypse War page!

Hat's off!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Link Prime

Congrats on your latest purchase Skullmo, Sov-tastic!

And I want to start a petition to reactivate the Dobbyn Droid for Prog service, been too long since we've seen his work.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 September, 2014, 11:39:34 PM
And I want to start a petition to reactivate the Dobbyn Droid for Prog service, been too long since we've seen his work.

I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again get the Dobbyn Droid BACK IN THE PROG Tharg.

Have some lovely Medivac 318 pages myself and Hippynumber1's is a beaut no doubt.

hippynumber1

Talking of Nigel Dobbyn - here's his beautiful watercolour cover to Prog 765. Anything BUT 'Trash' frankly...

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 15 September, 2014, 09:36:44 AM
Talking of Nigel Dobbyn - here's his beautiful watercolour cover to Prog 765. Anything BUT 'Trash' frankly...

You stole my CAF comment!

Dobbyn back would be good.
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Skullmo

Lawsuit is what!

You will not get away with stealing my bad jokes!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Stu101

Hi guys,
Just a quick question if anyone can help me out, My good lady was asking about ideas for my 40th birthday pressie, and I thought some original Judge Dredd art would be lovely. Could you point me in the direction of the best places to look, I get the impression that there's regular sites you guys check, the answer is probably pretty obvious if I looked back through the threads but figured this may be quicker...
Thanks in advance,
Stu

shaolin_monkey

Here's another nice Nigel Dobyn piece, which I picked up at Lawgiver:

Plus a page from Young Death by Peter Doherty:

Not a pic anyone will have seen before, but I was pretty chuffed with this Judge Pal commission from Stuart Tipples :

hippynumber1

Stu101 - pm sent with details of the main ones. There are loads of other places though, including buying direct from the artists.

hippynumber1

Simon Harrison. Bradley and the Toboggan Race pg 1. Another artist I'd love to see back in the prog, even if just for the occasional cover...

Link Prime

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

This thread can run barren for weeks, then it's like Christmas morning all of a sudden!

I too would love to see S. Harrison back working for Tharg- I absolutely adored his stuff back in the day.
He is / was a perfect fit for 2000AD.

And say what you want about Millar's Red Razors- that painted Dobbyn artwork was to die for.
(I'll also admit I did slightly chortle at 'Rushkovs' death on that page, I know, I know- so stupid, so Millar, but...)

Link Prime

Here's a piece I recently picked up on the 'Bay (likely from one of ye, considering the various 2000AD pages being sold).

My 4th Flint, but 1st ABC Warriors.
Not featuring the actual destruction of Deadlock, but it did look cool...

hippynumber1

ming

Some great recent additions here - always a treat!  That AW page is a cracker, as are the Bradley ones...  :)