Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 September, 2016, 03:41:58 PM
Are you sure? He was by the time of Mandroid, but that was over three years later...

No! Not 100%, which was why I asked!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mute77

Cheers. As much as i love Walkers art i do prefer it with the blacks filled in. Not sure when he started filling in digitally though.

Skullmo

From one of my favourite series -
It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin YNWA

Well that is simply stunning, quite breathtakingly good.

sheridan

Quote from: Skullmo on 11 September, 2016, 04:32:39 PM
From one of my favourite series -
Wow - nice one - for a long time I had every Scream! apart from the first one (which had sold out at all my local newsagents) so for me the second episode was the first episode until relatively recently.

Link Prime

Very nice Julius.
We discussed this previously, and I didn't think anyone had a Scream page in their collection.
Where did you -ahem- unearth it?

zhamlau

HI, new member here. I actually was hoping folks here would know a thing or two about a thing or two.
I acquired a piece of comic art and I was hoping maybe to get some information. Its a giant sized golden age large art page marked "judge dredd" and 558 on it. It was acquired originally from some shop in london in 1990 for 15 GBP, and has sit in a box since I discovered it. Would love it if anyone knew anything about the book, or the artist, or what its from :-) drop me a message or post here if you know!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: zhamlau on 15 September, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
HI, new member here. I actually was hoping folks here would know a thing or two about a thing or two.
I acquired a piece of comic art and I was hoping maybe to get some information. Its a giant sized golden age large art page marked "judge dredd" and 558 on it. It was acquired originally from some shop in london in 1990 for 15 GBP, and has sit in a box since I discovered it. Would love it if anyone knew anything about the book, or the artist, or what its from :-) drop me a message or post here if you know!

That's the inimitable Ron Smith on art, from the Dredd story 'Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo', Prog 348, if Google is to be believed...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Yep, Jim's spot on - the story ran in Progs 346-349 (1983); that page is from the first episode.  Lovely artwork (as always) by Ron Smith.

zhamlau

Man you guys are fast! Thanks! Picked it up in a trade in a pile of original strip art and Marvel US art. Now to try and find published Image.

Spikes

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 September, 2016, 03:37:56 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 11 September, 2016, 03:30:53 PM
And a lovely Sin City page there, Mute77. Very partial to a bit of the Walker droid's art, and especially from that tale. A real fave.  :thumbsup:

I wonder... does Kev go back and fill in all the blacks on the original pages when he decides to sell them? I'm fairly sure he was just laying down the lines in ink and filling the blacks digitally by this stage...

An interesting titbit there. As a collector, art that is produced 100% digitally fills me with sadness, for obvious reasons. And having to go back to finish off the art physically to then be able to sell them on, seems like a lot of extra work. Though many artist do use the computer to fine tune/complete their art.

I know from the Sin City period, the Walker droid also did complete pencils, and then inked on a separate piece of board. So, 3 times the effort for later pages? Art, and the production of it, is certainly a complex thing, nowadays.

And always great to see more Ron Smith art pop up,  zhamlau  :thumbsup:

Mute77

Some lush slaine art by Mr  Davis. Never met him but was a pleasure to buy off and the art came with a little thank you note which a nice touch.

Spikes

And arrived today...

Judge Dredd - Day of Chaos: Elusive Part 1 by Henry Flint.

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 September, 2016, 07:05:21 PM
Very nice Julius.
We discussed this previously, and I didn't think anyone had a Scream page in their collection.
Where did you -ahem- unearth it?

I got it directly from Mr Redondo - I have never seen any other screat art so it was good to know that he had had a few pages returned.

I also got this page - I just had a look at the Monster book and it is poorly reproduced and badly censored. Does anyone have a scan of the scream page (I have the comics but I cant get to them at the moment).

It's a joke. I was joking.

Eamonn Clarke

Not quite what you asked as this is from the collected edition. I presume this is how it appeared in the comic.