Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I got 2312 two days ago.

I don't think it is Rebellion. I think it's just that some sorting offices are more badly affected than others, that's all. Dr X is just the conspiracy theory / worst case scenario opinion.

Leigh S

I dont think anyone is blaming Rebellion - if anythign, I worry for them when they get a tidall wave of requets for duplicate copies while the originals languish in some backwater sorting office untouched for weeks.

It;s possible RM have a way of identifying magazine subscriptions and have depriorotized those, though IP's Phoenix's dont appear to have been half as badly affected as the only other datapoint we have

Some have also got through, so it can't be a blanket decision taken near the source. 

However, it's pretty frustrating that absolutely nothing has made it out to me after the best part of 5 weeks - In that time I've sent post 2nd class and it has taken a week or so to get through, so it does seem theres a specific issue with the prog for them to land in big chunks or not at all.

Magnetica

The Megazine turned up today. Still not had Progs 2310, 2311 or 2312. But I'm absolutely not blaming Rebellion and am hopeful they will turn up soon.

The Monarch

the drought is over for me the meg and x-mas prog dropped in today

Batman's Superior Cousin

Prog 2310 and the Meg turned up today, still waiting for Prog 2311 & 2312!! Hopefully they'll turn up next week sometime.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Blue Cactus

I've been in Canada the last two weeks and when I left Scotland I hadn't had a prog delivered for a week or two. Wondering if I'll find any on the mat when I get home and what state they'll be in once I've unavoidably run them over with the front door.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 29 December, 2022, 09:22:02 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 29 December, 2022, 06:17:41 PM
Still nothing since 2309 here - simultaneously relieved I bought some shop copies and perturbed that I'm never going to see them (or the Meg).  I understand a week or two or three delay, despite other post making it through - but over a month now for 2310?

This is my sentiment. I honestly think that something has gone wrong, badly wrong, with the subs and the postal strike is masking it. No other mail is a month overdue. And to miss one letter is unlucky. I am missing four (2310, 11, 12 and the Meg). That's not right. That's not a strike.

The longest anything else has been overdue is about four days. There is something odd going on with the prog

You say that, but I have had six deliveries refunded from Amazon sellers over the Xmas period, because all (thin books, dvds) failed to arrive despite being marked as "in transit" since late November. Four have had "Royal Mail tracking numbers"- which are next to useless, due to the post office website being... well, if you've used it, you'll know.

So it's not just magazines or subscriptions.

On the other hand, comics ordered from EBay have all arrived (and I buy a lot of comics), including one that got all confused when the wrong one was shipped to me by the seller, had to be sent back- along with my copy sent to another buyer- then sent again buy the seller to the correct buyers... which arrived in the time you'd expect normally.

It's just a backlog and hardworking posties trying their damnest to sort through it. I gave my continually-harassed postie a tenner as a Xmas gift the other day, which hopefully will help keep her onside and the mail flowing, and her away from bloody food banks for a few days.

SBT

NapalmKev

2311 and the Christmas Prog have just landed so it looks like a bumper Thrill-fuelled new year at Kev Towers*

Cheers

*Voted worst block name three years running.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

IndigoPrime

We had items beyond 2000 AD take an age to arrive as well, although not quite as long as the Prog. It just is what it is, and it's clearly very random. For example, entirely unexpectedly, 2313 dropped here this morning.

Magnetica

My missing Progs all turned up together today. I still get the impression we aren't getting as much post as normal though.

Having read them all digitally I will probably just settle for a flick through looking at the art.

Leigh S

Got the Megazine this morning, but still missing the progs - If I was going to get one, that'a the one I resisted buying from the shop, so there is that!

But its weird that the Meg was the last of them to be released and the first to make it through.

Tjm86

Still waiting on the meg but the rest all arrived in dribs and drabs long after the original release date.  It's going to be manic for a while with all the back-log they'll be having to deal with.  Although it is possible that I might actually be waiting on neighbours due to the unfortunate naming convention on our estate with several roads being variations on a theme ...

Personally I'm still behind the posties 100%.  The owners of RM picked this fight with their ever-increasing demands, constant changes and erosion of conditions.  They'll no doubt use this to justify a further reduction from the original 6 day / universal service commitment, citing financial damage from the strike.  The main post office in town has now closed as they are unable to find a postmaster to run the place.  We're not exactly a small place so this doesn't auger well.

Richard

My Meg 451 arrived today so I'm up to date. I'm sure everyone will get theirs eventually.

I completely agree Tjm86 about the strike. None of this needs to be happening, but if you treat your workforce badly enough then they will strike.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Oh My god, guess what everyone...? Progs 2311 & 2312 have finally arrived today. You all know what that means, right? It means that the Great 2022 Prog Drought is finally over for me, yaaaaaaayyyyy!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Batman's Superior Cousin

Deleted due to double post, sorry!! :(
Texts from Last Night