Main Menu

I like the new Look!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 02 February, 2023, 01:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I access through my Samsung phone, and it's a bit of a mess to be honest. It doesn't fit the screen, with the header being way too wide which throws everything out. The 'Unread Topics' function- which used to deliver just a list of most recent posts since last time I visited- is either greyed out or I'm actually looking at it, in which case it's useless as it just shows the list of subforums and the most recent post in each. Which means I have to go into each subforum in turn and find the active threads.

I have to log in each time I visit, as the '30 days/ month (whatever it was) that I clicked doesn't work and there is no 'forever' option.

My avatar has disappeared again (nice to have it back for a few days!) and so has everyone else's.

Ho hum!

SBT

The Enigmatic Dr X

I just don't like it.  But it feels very constrained. The top half of my screen is filled with bland blocks of red, black and white. It's emotionless. It's cold. Not for me.

I do like the ability to more easily add links and photos.

Lock up your spoons!

JohnW

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 05 February, 2023, 08:36:54 AMMy avatar has disappeared again (nice to have it back for a few days!) and so has everyone else's.

I can see your avatar, but I need to hold my phone sideways to do so.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

This is the only place my avatar appears on my phone. And no one else has one.

SBT

The Legendary Shark

I think it's pretty obvious that the core server data distribution nodes have become englomped with cheese.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

nxylas

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 February, 2023, 07:55:51 PMI think it's pretty obvious that the core server data distribution nodes have become englomped with cheese.
I blame thrill-suckers myself. (Edit: at least I have an avatar now, Thanks to whoever posted the instructions for how to do it.)
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

JohnW

And a damn fine avatar it is.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

scrotnig

Avatars show if the screen is over a certain width, that will be by design.

WebAdmin

Any issues please post here (no comments)

Just an issue and explenation so it can be added to list.

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=49104.0

broodblik

I can now see the "Current Theme" option under the "Look and Feel" section  :thumbsup:
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

I also notice if you are in the main forum section that at the bottom you will see "Recent posts" which might not be 100% like "Active Posts" but at least you can see the last 5 posts
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

WebAdmin

@broodblik this just has been added.

You will be able to see last 5 post in the bottom of the page and added link in the menu on the top.

This is best what we can do with current functionality.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 February, 2023, 05:37:51 PM
Quote from: WebAdmin on 03 February, 2023, 10:15:31 AMPlease PM your ip address https://www.whatismyip.com

It sounds like your IP address might have been blocked for some reason.

Checked when logged into the work VPN and the IP address does change - which you all probably knew but I was never sure! So that suggests it is somehow (???) related to the IP... or could be conflating two seperate issues I suppose... when I tether to my phone it works and again unsurprisingly has a different IP.

My IP (IPv4)

Hope that helps???

JohnW

Quote from: Fate Amenable to Change on 02 February, 2023, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 02 February, 2023, 09:35:29 PMWe can change our user names again.

I see no need to ever use that feature.

So, 'Fate'—anyone been round your place looking for a certain Funt Solo?
No bailiffs, debt-collectors, leg-breakers or the like?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Richard on 03 February, 2023, 11:57:04 AMPlease can we have the "Active Topics" button back?

This please  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me