Main Menu

Angels United

Started by Skullmo, 15 February, 2015, 03:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

'But look out for Angels United'

I did, but it never came!

It was with those words that the Dredd story Awakening Angels ended. I know that this story thread was, thankfully, abandoned.

But does anyone know what Angels United was going to be about??
It's a joke. I was joking.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Skullmo on 15 February, 2015, 03:55:28 PM
But does anyone know what Angels United was going to be about??

Something about a football team...?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

It was with those words that the Dredd story Awakening of Angels ended. I know that this story thread was, thankfully, abandoned.

Surely it refers to the 'Angels' getting 'united', which happened a couple of weeks later in 'The Three Amigos'?

That's assuming that Awakening actually happened, of course, which it didn't, and Pa and Junior made no further apperances because they are dead. DEAD.
@jamesfeistdraws

Greg M.

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 February, 2015, 05:39:03 PM

It was with those words that the Dredd story Awakening of Angels ended. I know that this story thread was, thankfully, abandoned.

Surely it refers to the 'Angels' getting 'united', which happened a couple of weeks later in 'The Three Amigos'?

Actually, the scheduling was more unfortunate than that - the first episode of Three Amigos came out before Awakening of Angels, which made Pa and Junior's appearance in the former very confusing. But I think Skullmo's suspicions are correct - the next prog blurb on Awakening says the story is continued in the Megazine, but to look out for Angels United, implying it was a separate thing. I've always assumed it was going to be an Angel Gang series, rather than just a Dredd story.

Skullmo

Yes - I thought that too. After all [spoiler]they let them loose at the end of 3 Amigos[/spoiler].

I assume Wagner was going to do it . . . . Surely some of the heavyweights on here have asked John over the years!

glassstanley

Quote from: Skullmo on 15 February, 2015, 06:41:08 PM
Yes - I thought that too. After all [spoiler]they let them loose at the end of 3 Amigos[/spoiler].

No they didn't!

They returned to battle a naked Dredd in the Ballad of Devil Angel (prog 965-6).

Skullmo