Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

When 2000AD podcasts collide! It's a welcome return for Space Spinner 2000's Conrad Leiden to discuss the wonders of Meltdown Man by Alan Hebden and Massimo Belardinelli.

"When's he going to melt?!"

https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2019/10/105-meltdown-man.html

sheridan

sheridan

Has another polar bear appeared on the cover of the Galaxy's Greatest?  Yes - though you had to wait a little while after Pole-Axe - about three decades or more! 1792.

Damn - both of the grail pages I'd probably have picked (though it's been a while since I read it, so I could do with a refresher). 

SpaceSpinner2000

Thanks so much for having me on for such a great story Eamonn! Always a good time for another entry in the Crisis on Infinite Podcasts!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Eamonn Clarke

Sheridan, good catch on the Lenny Zero cover.  :o
Conrad, always a pleasure. Here is that great map page grail for you.

Tjm86

I seem to recall that someone had somehow managed to put together an almost complete collection of original art for Meltdown Man and at one point was just missing a single page.  Is that still the case?

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Tjm86 on 28 October, 2019, 08:15:52 AM
I seem to recall that someone had somehow managed to put together an almost complete collection of original art for Meltdown Man and at one point was just missing a single page.  Is that still the case?

Blimey! Tell us more.  :o

Eamonn Clarke

From the comic art fans site it would appear that Robert Cox owns over 150 Meltdown Man pages including all the grail pages Conrad and I discuss in the episode.

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=11192

Get in touch, Robert, and come on the pod!

Colin YNWA

Okay so without wishing to spin this off track ... I'll errr... spin this off track. Robert has one of the most astonishing art collections. He was recently sharing his Belardinelli Dan Dare pages on Facebook. I started viewing in aghast amazement. It rapidly turned to childish jealously which eventually morphed to murdeorus envy...

... yeah get him on the podcast if you can!

sheridan

In two minds about the almost complete collection of Meltdown Man by Robert.  One the one hand it's obvious that none of those pages are going to be available any time soon (as if I could afford them even if they were) - on the other hand it means they had a much better fate than some other pages of the same era - this way we know they've survived and are in good health!

Eamonn Clarke

Back for a record fifth time on the pod Pete Wells talks me through Garth Ennis' controversial epic. It's Judgement Day and sparks fly when Dredd and Alpha meet!

https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2019/11/106-judgement-day.html

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 11 November, 2019, 08:38:01 AM
This almost goes without saying.

I think even the detractors of the story in general would still vote for that page as one of the best ever!

Andy B

That was an excellent rant about singing in comics. 100% agree!

(Also, good episode: time for a re-read)