Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Picked up Evolve, only had a chance to play a couple of tutorials on me lunch break but seems like it'll be very, very cool with some friends. Probably the sort of thing that would go down a treat on this board if we could organize something.

Theblazeuk

I'd be in there like a shot if I could run it  :'(

Don't suppose you still have L4D2 installed?

Keef Monkey

Pretty sure I've got it on 360 somewhere actually, not sure if I have it on PC (although it might have snuck on there on a sale or something, will have a look)! I do miss playing L4D2, classic.

shaolin_monkey

Keef Monkey

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 February, 2015, 12:09:05 AM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 10 February, 2015, 01:38:46 PM
Picked up Evolve

For what platform?

Oh yeah, that information might have helped I guess! XB1 for me.

Played a few rounds last night, takes a bit of getting to grips with. Me and my friend were on the hunting team each time and for the first few rounds were finding it really tough to even find and engage the monster let alone win a match. Then the last round before bedtime went really well, we changed classes around and things clicked a bit and we had quite a tense match where the monster managed to evolve to level 3 and we just took it down as it was trying to demolish the power generator to win the match.

Was really satisfying, maybe not L4D satisfying but still pretty great, and gave us the impression that with enough time spent learning the classes and practicing with the characters it could be something pretty special.

shaolin_monkey

Ah, shame - I'm on PS4. I'm still up for getting a crew together for Evolve if anyone else is on PS4.

Good to hear of your experience with it though. I had a fantastic time on WiiU with multiplayer Monster Hunter, and am hoping for a similar vibe with this.

Which expansion pack did yours come with?

Keef Monkey

The 'Monster' expansion (which I think is standard for buying at launch) and some sort of hunter pack. It was the Game exclusive content but they messed up the order and still haven't given me it unfortunately!

They have a code to put through the till apparently to print off the code for the content, and the code they have doesn't work. Been onto customer services and they're apparently going to email me it at some point. Should have gone with Amazon, clearly!

ThryllSeekyr

I might put away Red Dead Redemption,  and play some Dead Space, right form the start.

Any advice for upgrades in this game?

ThryllSeekyr

I've been doing just as I said, and have made it as far as the junction where you need these two things, right after I passed through blocked corridor after being handed the Kinesis module from the some female survivor who was sitting next to corpse on the floor after I got Isaac off the fixed tram.

It's not so creepy now, I must be more jaded than I was when I played this earlier and it's hard to read the small printed instructions and mission briefs. The description right at the start needed to be seen three times after stopping the game and restarting it again.

It took me ages to get out of the room where you find the first corpse lying again the bunk. When I realised I had to short the power source for the one locked door I need to go through to get back to entrance room where all the I then got Isaac separated from the other head of security and Kendra.

Then I kept getting lost walking around in circles before I realised that the small windowed room cut off from the main foyer near the entrance had another doorway previously unseen.

I couldn't be bothered to read the map because it's hard to look at and manipulate without the thing closing on me and didn't know other thing that draws a animated blue line between Isaac and his intended destination I just couldn't be bothered with until I found the other door through trial and error and then I totally ignored the instruction for using the Stasis module. So, I was just pressing every button often wasting ammo. Until I reloaded from the last save before that part of the game again.

Aside from all that, I have only upgraded Isaac's RIG twice at the work-bench twice and brought the suit upgrade at the very first shop I found and only playing this at easy difficulty. I think, I wasted far too much ammo fighting the Necro-Creeps in the large two storey room (With a elevator!) where hew was to find the security-key to the room with the first one is found.

Will get back to it soon, since I have validation errors every time I try to play Elite Dangerous just for now after not playing the game for almost a month.

CheechFU

I've been playing Shadow of Mordor and by playing I mean repeatedly stalked by Kuga the Mad who just shouts PICKLES at me and then body slams me into the next life.
If it wasn't so funny I would snap my controller in half

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: CheechFU on 12 February, 2015, 11:36:45 PM
I've been playing Shadow of Mordor and by playing I mean repeatedly stalked by Kuga the Mad who just shouts PICKLES at me and then body slams me into the next life.

Damn, there are parts of the game I just can't beat, like the area where there is a Orc-Shanty town.

ThryllSeekyr

The name [n]Kuga the Mad[/b] means nothing in your game, because in each different players game, the Uruk's names are randomly generated.

Keef Monkey

I had a really rough couple of hours quite early in that game where I was constantly trying to take down the same war chief over and over again, getting destroyed consistently and absolutely hating it.

Eventually I gave up, went and did a ton of other stuff and came back so powerful I could wade through war chiefs like butter and loved the rest of the game. I recommend it!

pictsy

I've played a few games recently.  Tried World of Warcraft early this year after my partner insisted I give it a go.  It's a reasonably fun game and I can see why it's been so popular but it's not short of problems.

Papers Please was given to me as a Christmas present and this game is awesome.  Playing a game that is based around a repetitive bureaucratic task has never been more engaging and challenging.

Super Meat Boy is pretty well constructed but failed to blow my mind as the hype around it would suggest.

LIMBO did manage to impress me.  A simple, dark and macabre puzzle platform game, this is amazing fun at a nice pace.  Reminded me a little of Heart of Darkness and Abe's Odyssey.

English Country Music is pure puzzle game with a nice and simple presentation.  For what it is, it's good.

Best thing about playing these games is that aside from WoW I played them all on my Linux machine - which is better optimised for gaming than my laptop anyway.  Really glad to see more games being made available to Linux.

Satanist

Quote from: pictsy on 13 February, 2015, 12:26:31 PM
Papers Please was given to me as a Christmas present and this game is awesome.  Playing a game that is based around a repetitive bureaucratic task has never been more engaging and challenging.

Super Meat Boy is pretty well constructed but failed to blow my mind as the hype around it would suggest.

LIMBO did manage to impress me.  A simple, dark and macabre puzzle platform game, this is amazing fun at a nice pace.  Reminded me a little of Heart of Darkness and Abe's Odyssey.

Papers please is a great game. Makes you think about your actions and reminded me of an old C64 game called Killed until Dead which I loved.

Super Meat Boy was AWESOME! When I completed it I almost wept tears of pure joy and hugged my son who was watching. "Ive done it!, its over" I cried!  :'(

Limbo is good too but I feel the visual style covers up for the gameplay a tad. Still worth anyones time though.

Im playing Rogue Legacy at the mo which is a bit like Ghosts & Goblins crossed with an RPG lite. When you die that dudes gone forever and you restart as one of their children and enter the castle again, except the castle is random so not the same as before.Its ROCK.FUCKING.HARD!!!

I think I'm getting the hang of it now that Ive unlocked some equipment and powers though and really enjoy something I can stick on for 15 mins at a time (and die 20 times in the process).
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?