Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Yeah the size and length of the levels is making it tougher, partly because there are corridors and areas that are so long/wide that dragging the screen to scout ahead can't always cover them. Load of times I've stepped into a room and been shot by a guy on the other end of it, who I couldn't possibly have known was there.

That's a bit annoying, but somehow not quite as frustrating as that sort of flaw might be in other games. There's something hypnotic about the pulse of the whole thing that I've hit retry and am midway through another attempt before I've had a chance to get annoyed about it!

Satanist

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 16 March, 2015, 11:48:05 PM
I finally stopped those damn Yanks blowing up the moon in Counterspy. Fun game! Anyone remember Mission Impossible on C64? It's basically much better than that.
[/quote

Another vistor, stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Im playing HM2 as well and agree with the above. Longer levels = hidden baddies = game over

My biggest moan would be the lack of choice regards the masks so you are forced to play most levels in only one way, I hope theres an unlock when you complete the game to use any mask on any level.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

JamesC

I've been playing loads of games lately.

On the PS4 I've been setting wild animals on baddies and hang gliding off cliffs with Far Cry 4. It all looks beautiful, runs smoothly and is very impressive. It's just a big playground really.

On the Wii U I'm still playing Mario Kart 8 regularly (new tracks out soon!) and also NES remix 1 and 2 which are crazily addictive. I've also been playing the fantastic Shantae and the Pirate's Curse which is a retro styled adventure in the vain of the Monster World games. Great fun!
Last but not least I've been trying my hand at the very cool Olli Olli but I'm really crap at it!

ThryllSeekyr

Playing this since Monday morning after I got payed.

REIGN OF KINGScenter]

It's a lot like Rust combined with Medieval Engineers with a touch of Chivalry or War of Roses if you upgrade to that far before the numerous bug in this game get to you and you rage quit. Like I have done so a few times already.

You start out with wooden club that you can hack at trees with to get wood and I guess that is at least a step up from using a blunted rock like you would in Rust, You are kind of like stone-age dude who was just washed ashore after being at sea for many days on raft. So, it's a mystery wether or not he came from a more advanced civilisation or not. Using manuscript to build dirt or wooden block to construct buildings like  Minecraft with better graphics. Yes, the graphics would be just on par with the latest version Rust and you can also customise your bloke (So far you can only be male in this game!)  while they are on the raft during character generation at the start of the game and again later on with a potion of Appearance. You have choice of African or European and I found I was able to make him almost appear like a Asian after working from the former's most basic appearance. I sure it may be possible from the latter as well. It's almost as flexible as the character creator from Sims Two (The best of the series!) and you go to town with the body shaping options. Giving them obscenely large or small torso and limbs. I was able to make a very porcine looking fellow just like a Orc

Worth looking into,  but be warned it's extremely laggy and servers nearly always full.

CheechFU

Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 1080p
PC is the best console  :lol:

Satanist

Quote from: CheechFU on 19 March, 2015, 11:31:02 AM
Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 1080p
PC is the best console  :lol:

...For stealing

Grugz

started 'the evil within'  okish so far im on chapter 3
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Satanist

Evil Within was my fave of last year, It does take a while to get going though. IMO chapter 3 onwards is where it gets great. And I will fully accept that the controls are not upto the task in some sections.

I completed the DLC 3 times (trophy whore) at the weekend and loved it.

While I await Bloodborne next week (if the reviews are good) I've returned to COD:BLOPS multiplayer on the PS3 to waste some time. I have to say I'm still as fuckin awesome as I was all those years ago and winding up idiots never, ever gets old. If I dont get at least one message a session calling me a "camping bastard" or worse then Ive not done my job  :D

CheechFU

The Enigmatic Dr X

So. At last, I am done with Skyrim.

All along, in the guise of being helpful, I have actually implemented my master plan for domination of Skyrim. The Thieves Guild. The Blades. The Dark Brotherhood. The Mages College. One by one, I elimated anyone who could resist - and the fools asked me to do it.

Then, along with my vampire bride, I siezed control of the vampires. I like to think of myself as a bloody despot, sweeping my reign of blood and terror across the north before my army of thralls carve me a scarlet empire.

Anyway, off to Mario 3D now.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Not out until Friday but Bloodborne is getting rave reviews and will probably be the last game I play for a while if its as nails as previous FROM software games. Which it seems it is.

Cant wait to see "YOU DIED" over and over and over.

Anyone else getting this as I'm curious to see how the online dungeons work?

ThryllSeekyr

Reign of kings is driving me nuts, some is incredibly addictive about this game, but the servers are so based it's hard to get far into it for the time being or until they decide to improve  this section of the game and also the security against hackers.

I have not been able to get back on to the second China server where I had made this cave-0rce dude with dark maroon coloured skin. I found large lake where There is air-pocket covering a large section of bottom of it. The lake bed, where I start to lay the foundations for three sizable bases.

Pity....

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Satanist on 24 March, 2015, 12:57:59 PM
Not out until Friday but Bloodborne is getting rave reviews and will probably be the last game I play for a while if its as nails as previous FROM software games. Which it seems it is.

Cant wait to see "YOU DIED" over and over and over.

Anyone else getting this as I'm curious to see how the online dungeons work?

Yeah, this is an absolute must for me. Hoping to pick it up on Sat.

ThryllSeekyr

I've been playing The Forest (No game video, I'm afraid!) for some time the day before yesterday and for a good part of the morning into the afternoon today. I've gotten better at this game, because the developers have made it more player friendly since  their last few updates (By the looks!).

I've been hunting....

Bambi's, (Found mainly more inland from the beaches and coves. I saw a few of them on the second beach or cove (After crossing the promentary to the right of where I exited the severe plane I crashed in on two occasions.) Especially, when the land gets higher and their are green files of lush grass. Anytime during the day/night cycle. Definitely, not the full grown version. Will often run up and buck you, yet they run if you approach them. Best hunted on run after feed and a rest! Will scream like baby when you fell one. They give you a couple of feeds! They will also give you skin that you can make patchwork armour (Not sure about this really!) or overclothing (It certainly looks a little better than the lizard skin armour does if you don't mind  white spots!) with only per kill!)

Thumpers (Not as numerous as they were when I first brought this game, but can be found almost any where at different time of the day/night cycle. Seriously fast, but killable if they stop right next to you while your axe is ready!)

Pre-radiated Godzilla's. (Not as numerous as they were at first, but can be found just about anywhere on the island at different time during the day/night cycle!) Slower enough to kill if you yourself not too slow or tired/hunger/thirsty as well! Gives you one meal and one skin that offer you some armour protected when equipped in the form of yellow units. They offer more of this than the [b[Bambi's[/b] when harvested!)

Raccoons (The small animal version and not just strange men or boys with dark paint around their eyes! Very quick! Not as numerous as they were the last time I played this months ago (I've only seen two since I started playing this again in the day before yesterday and not sure if they can be harvested for meat like the other animals. They never did give me any feeds when I killed a few after their first appearance in the game months ago! )

Babe's wilder cousin. (Found further inland (And never on any of the beaches!) and most numerously in the more forested areas. Anytime during the day/night cycle! The fastest despite it's bulk and body fat. Either not fully grown or most like a pigmy variety because of the presence of tusks. (For this reason alone, I expect some counter aggression!) Will often run up and buck you, yet they run if you approach them. Best hunted on run after a feed, refreshment and a rest!)

Non-Mutant--Ninja-Turtles (BTW I have one of their latest games and it's really cool, and even
sourcing music from the first film. I played this game completely the first quest in just over a hour and think it's one of the better video game adaptions. Much better than the arcade version!) Can be found on the beaches and coves. Heading out of the water and quite possibly back in at sunrise. Occasionally, you will find one or two further inland moving slowly through the forest or grassy plains. Despite their natural sluggishness on land and sometimes in shallow waters of the seaside. You still need to be quick to hit them in the head or across the neck before they retract all fleshy parts back into their shell. Otherwise their shell is pretty much indestructible, and you won't be harvesting anything until they expose their vital limbs again and resume their slow journey. (At first, I though they were glitched as un-killable after a couple of unsuccessful attempts at knocking them off for their shells. Until I realised Why!) If you second hit strikes true, then you can harvest it's empty shell and in one instance, I got some meat that was classified as the same generic flesh I'd get from a Bambi or Babe's wilder cousin. So, far I know I won't be making any turtle soup. The shell can only be used for the constructing a Water-Catcher which stands on tripod of wooden sticks/fallen branches.

This is essential for keeping you fluids up with pure water from the sky. (I'm sure why this I so!) Don't go drinking water from the small fish ponds, even though you have the option to. You will just cough it up because fish and the other cannibal native poo in there!. I did find one place where you can drink water safely. It's a much bigger pond or small lake you can almost drown in. I have only found one or two of these places in my last two game sessions and it I drowned while hiding from the cannibal natives who were able to walk right into the large pond and stand there and look at me with the surface of the water right over their heads like they could breath underwater or atleast hold their breaths for a much longer time. Considering they never chase me into the sea. They may be like those fresh water reptiles we have in Australian Northern Territory or it's just glitch. I drowned when I could find where which way was towards the water surface when it was so dark.  (Fortunitely, I have been able to save my progress in the game numerous times not long before at one of my closest sleeping shelters!)

My dependency on Water-Catchers for keeping my fluid level high seems kind of silly when I have seen people drink from specially arranged leaves in rainforests in real life. (Unless you have found plenty of bottle of booze and soda left strewn near the waters edge of the sea and strewn cases of overnight luggage near the plane crash and on the beach as well. It does rain often and that's when the wandering food to become less active and hide more. Barely any prey can be found when this happens and may have to just make do with previous kills and any blue coloured berries and orange fungi you happen along. These are never as nourishing as cooked meat. 

The Jaws family should be avoided if swimming near any of the beach or coves. They can be found swimming in small schools mainly where the water is much darker and deeper. They will definitely attack and kill you before you can even touch them if you swim into their paths. Strangely you can swim close to them with out any drama as long as you don't end up next to them. Just look for the fins cutting through the surface of the water. Be careful when trying this in low light conditions or night. I've died a few times when I accidently started to swim amongst them. There can sometime be one or two of them found dead on the shore line of the beaches and coves. These are just eye candy only and unharvest able.

Smaller Fish can be found in any pond or in the shallower water near the beaches and coves and be fished if you do so with a sharp stick that can be found at some of the smaller ponds of water. 

So far as I have found, none of the meat has tainted after carrying it around for more than a twenty four hour period. (In game time!) 

I have begun to build one camp with both a small shelter (Up higher!) and a Hunting shelter, (Lower!) the beginnings of a water-catcher and fire-pit on land shelve below a cliff-side over looking the sea. I have also build about six wooden box cage traps (You know the kind that are propped up at a angle by a stick!) that I have managed to catch a Pre-Radiated-Godzilla and Thumper (The latter was still alive but stunned enough to let me kill after retrieving it from the cage!) I built numerous other traps of this type on the promontory near on the nearby beach, but most of them are still un finished. They require about thirty sticks when I can only carry ten at a time.

That's one the thing lie about this game compare to other games like Rust, (The classic survival game!)  Beasts of Prey, (Now more playable and containing dinosaurs!)  Reign of Kings (This game has such annoying lag and few of my characters have been hacked or reset by the servers. So annoying!)  that allow you to carry unfeasibly large amount of materials of any size without any apparent assistance from machinery or otherwise. In this game, you can only carry the wooden logs one at a time (Which makes it that more tedious, but all the more satisfying when I finished building my hunting shelter!)

Lastly, I have discovered the option for building treehouses , tree platforms, normal platforms, wooden stairs and those rickety wooden bridges (Just like the one from the Temple of Doom film with Indiana Jones in it!) This game has the potential for a tree city.

So far, I part of the way through building a regular (At the edge of the tree line near the promentory at the closest beach to the right of the...) and a Alpine tree house (Near the Plane wreck!) and wondering if I can network them using all the new tree structures in between.

Satanist

BLOODBORNE - OK where do I start. Inside the game box is a small pamphlet which tells you what the buttons do and thats it. Load the game and after a bit of character creation the game starts proper. No tutorial. You begin with weaponless and as soon as you enter the next room a big werewolf fucks you up good and proper.

YOU DIED!

Get used to that as you'll be seeing it a lot.

You then respawn, get tooled up and off you go for revenge on the werewolf and some exploring in a lovely rendered disease ridden town full of maniacs and monsters.

I'm loving this and its not as hard as I expected (no where near Darks Souls level). There appears to be an easy way to do everything and its just down to discovering how. The biggest hint I can give is read the item descriptions as I've found 2 so far that seriously impact the boss fights.

Loading times are awful though and the camera tends to start breakdancing during boss fights but apart from that its brilliant! I think I may be playing this for some time to come.