Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheechFU

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 06 May, 2015, 02:33:47 PM
Here is Dwelvers videos......

This game is given me some in sight on the War-Spasm

Just pm me if want to know more about that one  ;)
haha 200 shortcuts on the desktop

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: CheechFU on 07 May, 2015, 01:12:36 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 06 May, 2015, 02:33:47 PM
Here is Dwelvers videos......

This game is given me some in sight on the War-Spasm

Just pm me if want to know more about that one  ;)
haha 200 shortcuts on the desktop

Doubt it!

I can count less than that without really counting their exact amount.

ThryllSeekyr

The Long Dark is going to be  brilliant game when it's finally finished.

They have been adding small thing s to make it more real without really ever been a proper replacement for the real thing as far as survival games are.

Like Savage Lands (Where you can die from the effects of cold wether at night or after swimming in this cold enviroment, if you can't get fire started in time and there is a strong fantasy element here. You will find a Dragon!) you are effected by the cold wether in the snowy environment of the Canadian wilderness after crash landing there during geomagnetic storm.

Building fire has become a complicated process of finding enough fuel and accelerant, as well as matches and this is only possible when the elements allow it to be so. Some time in the future the developers may allow you to build fire anywhere outside providing there isn't too much snow or blizzard blowing. Walking through a blizzard in this game is so dis-orientating, but it's full filling once you find your way back to one of the (Provided wooden cabins or the office (My favourite!) or any other shelter.

Some time I would just put my sleeping-bag down in a cave to get rest there until the night or blizzard is through. Blizzards occur nearly everyday in this game.

At this point, in the games development,  I'm not sure of what other point there is to this game once you have found a few places to use as shelter and continuous source of food and warmth. Except that I think that there is certain amount of time that must be spent surviving in this place before your chosen avatar has found out how to be rescued or has stumbled back into civilization.

Almost forgot to say, this game looks so fantastic. With out wanting to compare the graphics of the snowy Canadian setting t World of Warcraft, it does seem a touch above that and more like those old Warner Brother cartoons that were more like nature documentaries than slapstick humour involving the daily antics of how near-human animals or vice-versa deal with one another or it could be described as what it would be almost be like to walk around in the work of Mike MacMahon.

I partically like the way you breath is seen to freeze in the air in front of you after you exhale and other thing like getting a sprained ankle if you run down a mountain slope too quickly. Among other things.

Remember the name...... The Long Dark

Theblazeuk

Wasteland 2.

I may not be Dredd but my Rangers are bringing the Law to the cursed earth.

ThryllSeekyr

Here are two Game-Play videos of that Warhammer 40k - Regicide I had been play testing....

They are out of order and the first one is hidden in a folder I have'nt ear-marked for uploading just yet.

More to come soon.....

The Enigmatic Dr X

I just restarted Bioshock. Still got the best flames I've seen in any game.

I played about 2/3rds on the Xbox then my save went down the pan. As I want to play the new(ish) third one, I thought I'd rattle through the first two on a low difficulty to get up to speed on the story.

I know the twist, but not the ending.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Aaannd... it's remarkably like Fallout 3
Lock up your spoons!

Zenith 666

Incredible game.it loses something after the twist but still glorious game.Infinite is incredible and I'll highly recommend the burial at sea DLC.

Keef Monkey

Just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition (after 75hrs of play apparently) and man, what a game. I was lukewarm on the first two so came in without much expectation (the first one started great and then became a slog so I switched to Easy just to get it finished, and the I did the same in the second one just to get to the story beats - hated the combat in those two games). Mass Effect is my favourite game series ever and this is the closest Bioware have come to the 'fantasy Mass Effect' that I want from the series.

For the first few hours I really thought I was going to have the same complaints about this one, I was getting into fights that I just couldn't win and really hating the 'click on things until they die' style of combat where your only real tactical input is managing your ability cooldowns (I'm having a similar frustration with the first Witcher at the moment). Went away, did a load of other areas to level up and then, a couple of minor difficulty spikes aside, it was plain sailing. Had been warned not to hang around the Hinterlands for too long at the start of the game but really glad I did because it meant the combat thereafter wasn't too tough. There's a staggering amount of content and it can be a bit overwhelming for someone who plays like me (trying to mop up every side quest before progressing the story) so that lead to me getting pretty burnt out about 50hrs in (eek) and longing to play something else. Once the story started moving again though I was right back on board. Loved it.

Also noteworthy, it's the first of Bioware's games where I've gone with the gay relationship option. I usually roleplay these things in a 'what would I do?' fashion which tends to mean picking my favourite female companion but somewhere along the way with this I realized Dorian was definitely the one for my guy, and a very touching and well written little romance we had. Great job all round Bioware.

Selfie!

Theblazeuk

Kill it! Kill it with fire!

ThryllSeekyr

Been playing Skyrim and still haven't fixed the authentification problem with Secret world.

Once you get to see my Skyrim videos...you'll notice that I didn't follow the well trod path to Riverwood[ and kept off of it while heading higher into the mountain behind where we exited the cave connected to that Keep where every single starting character almost gets executed before the very first Dragon appears.

Why should I....,

I asked myself out loudly during one of the videos. Aside from clearing out two cave lairs, then helping a thief escape from some warrior he stole a enchanted mace from and I decided to help the other guy when he came by, thinking the first to be less worthy and incinerated him with continuous flames and then thought I would like to find the other guy and kill him as well for the magic weapon, but he was faster and left quickly while I had the Orc loot the corpse of the first guy. I also left another two bandit's naked, a trail of dead Snow-Foxes and Wolves,  and a flamed grilled Elk that died in some epic cinematic.

(I have this on video)

I then encountered a female Nord living in a log cabin by herself. Telling my avatar that she fled here after her entire family had been murdered by Imperials who she slayed in turn. The she offered to teach my Orc how to hunt with a bow by firing some practice arrows into three different targets she had built on one of the lower steps of the mountain side where he small house is situated. The three targets of slightly varying distance to make it that more interesting and it was about that time. I switched on the cross-hairs. Because I was only slaying a few giant-spiders in a cave by fluke before I had to switch to my flaming magic attack to whittle down the health of the queen spider in one of the cave-lairs, I had him clear out. Anyway, I did the target practice twice or almost twice as I failed to find the other cached of practice arrows she meant to drop at my Orc's[ feet ever before time had ran out. She only said Never Mind as I spent that allotted time picking up the other arrows I had already used on the intermediate ground between the targets and the wooden barrier he was supposed to stand behind.

Anyway, it was one of the few times she faceed my Orc to say something to him before I decided to leave her. I noticed how much she had striking resembalance to Lagertha from that Vikings series. 

Did they put her in on purpose? She certainly wasn't found pictured/listed as one of the Archery trainers in the official guide book. She is kind of hot though. I just don't like her acting and found her in game Doppelgänger more convincing. She let my Orc leave with the Hunting-Bow and I even had him drop his original regular bow after my frequent check of inventory further down the mountain side. She's found on one of the ridges right on top of the mountains after exiting this  cave that had these icy snow walls sculpted very smoothly by the wind blowing through the place.   

Then, my Orc suddenly found himself entering the town of Riverwood from the side that was up against the mountain slope after I had started him on a longer descent and he murdered one of his contacts...the female living in the longish looking houses right alongside with the river where there is a public Mill and Forge. This happened quite cinematically when I had my Orc absentmindedly raid her kitchen for some gold coins and some wine. Where she got up and started slashing at his back with a knife. I might have had him run out to preserve new found relationship at some later time, but he spun around while unclipping his enchanted Axe of Icy-Bone-Chill (Or something like that!) and buried it in her stomach, but starting from the top of her head.

I then decide to leave for the town/city of White-Run and finished the video after he cross the bridge to the other side and promptly retuned to murder every other inhabitant of the village including all the chickens, the large Mastiff and the old lady. I also had a go at the young girl as well, but she must be protected by the gods and will no doubt grow up to be my Orc's Nemesis.

Thinking about returning up the mountain to put a end to that Lagertha-Clone, but that's where I have finished up until now...hanging on that thought?

My chosen avatar is a Orc after all!!!!!

BTW, I have named him Perfect-Tooth

Apparently, it's the English translation of what ever Latinname had been made up for some sort of pig or boar ancestor in times long past. It's always been my assumption that there is some sort strong connection them and the beastial Orc race. Remembering now that I think the Orcs were made from the drops of blood from a evil god who fallen after duelling with their mortal enemy, some heavenly deity. 

He also found himself inside a ruined fort from some underground cavern after finding the entrance in a lake. That is below the ridge it was built on. I cleared it out all the bandits one by one and after dying twice or thrice. Reminds me of the Time-Lake from Slaine-Time-Killer and it's kind of dumb how these games lead you to believe how one character can survive and even conquer such uneven odds.

To finish this un-intentionally longer than I thought it would be game commentary.....

If you like Half-Life and own the sequel on Steam, then you might like to try playing Lambda Wars Beta (Which sound like one of the American University House names inspired by {b]Greek[/b] letters or words!) and involves a single-player-campaign or random skirmish battles between the human Rebels and the alien like Combine and played both sides a few times remarking how similar the lightening arcing between the Combine's dark-energy collecting towers are to the standing stones of Carnac from Slaine - Warriors Dawn. This looked brilliant to me and had me thinking if the Combine were not really Cythrons.  This comparison opens gateway in time between this setting and Pre-Dilluvian-Tir-Nan-Og......think of the possibilities there....Imagining the dead rising from the resultant Sour-Land to form their own deadly faction against the other two.

Too bad. this game effect did not occur on my second and more successful play through of the Combine and there are no Head-Crab-Zombies either.

CheechFU

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 10 May, 2015, 08:35:35 PM
Been playing Skyrim and still haven't fixed the authentification problem with Secret world.

Once you get to see my Skyrim videos...you'll notice that I didn't follow the well trod path to Riverwood[ and kept off of it while heading higher into the mountain behind where we exited the cave connected to that Keep where every single starting character almost gets executed before the very first Dragon appears.

Why should I....,

I asked myself out loudly during one of the videos. Aside from clearing out two cave lairs, then helping a thief escape from some warrior he stole a enchanted mace from and I decided to help the other guy when he came by, thinking the first to be less worthy and incinerated him with continuous flames and then thought I would like to find the other guy and kill him as well for the magic weapon, but he was faster and left quickly while I had the Orc loot the corpse of the first guy. I also left another two bandit's naked, a trail of dead Snow-Foxes and Wolves,  and a flamed grilled Elk that died in some epic cinematic.

(I have this on video)

I then encountered a female Nord living in a log cabin by herself. Telling my avatar that she fled here after her entire family had been murdered by Imperials who she slayed in turn. The she offered to teach my Orc how to hunt with a bow by firing some practice arrows into three different targets she had built on one of the lower steps of the mountain side where he small house is situated. The three targets of slightly varying distance to make it that more interesting and it was about that time. I switched on the cross-hairs. Because I was only slaying a few giant-spiders in a cave by fluke before I had to switch to my flaming magic attack to whittle down the health of the queen spider in one of the cave-lairs, I had him clear out. Anyway, I did the target practice twice or almost twice as I failed to find the other cached of practice arrows she meant to drop at my Orc's[ feet ever before time had ran out. She only said Never Mind as I spent that allotted time picking up the other arrows I had already used on the intermediate ground between the targets and the wooden barrier he was supposed to stand behind.

Anyway, it was one of the few times she faceed my Orc to say something to him before I decided to leave her. I noticed how much she had striking resembalance to Lagertha from that Vikings series. 

Did they put her in on purpose? She certainly wasn't found pictured/listed as one of the Archery trainers in the official guide book. She is kind of hot though. I just don't like her acting and found her in game Doppelgänger more convincing. She let my Orc leave with the Hunting-Bow and I even had him drop his original regular bow after my frequent check of inventory further down the mountain side. She's found on one of the ridges right on top of the mountains after exiting this  cave that had these icy snow walls sculpted very smoothly by the wind blowing through the place.   

Then, my Orc suddenly found himself entering the town of Riverwood from the side that was up against the mountain slope after I had started him on a longer descent and he murdered one of his contacts...the female living in the longish looking houses right alongside with the river where there is a public Mill and Forge. This happened quite cinematically when I had my Orc absentmindedly raid her kitchen for some gold coins and some wine. Where she got up and started slashing at his back with a knife. I might have had him run out to preserve new found relationship at some later time, but he spun around while unclipping his enchanted Axe of Icy-Bone-Chill (Or something like that!) and buried it in her stomach, but starting from the top of her head.

I then decide to leave for the town/city of White-Run and finished the video after he cross the bridge to the other side and promptly retuned to murder every other inhabitant of the village including all the chickens, the large Mastiff and the old lady. I also had a go at the young girl as well, but she must be protected by the gods and will no doubt grow up to be my Orc's Nemesis.

Thinking about returning up the mountain to put a end to that Lagertha-Clone, but that's where I have finished up until now...hanging on that thought?

My chosen avatar is a Orc after all!!!!!

Apparently, it's the English translation of what ever Latinname had been made up for some sort of pig or boar ancestor in times long past. It's always been my assumption that there is some sort strong connection them and the beastial Orc race. Remembering now that I think the Orcs were made from the drops of blood from a evil god who fallen after duelling with their mortal enemy, some heavenly deity. 

He also found himself inside a ruined fort from some underground cavern after finding the entrance in a lake. That is below the ridge it was built on. I cleared it out all the bandits one by one and after dying twice or thrice. Reminds me of the Time-Lake from Slaine-Time-Killer and it's kind of dumb how these games lead you to believe how one character can survive and even conquer such uneven odds.

To finish this un-intentionally longer than I thought it would be game commentary.....

If you like Half-Life and own the sequel on Steam, then you might like to try playing Lambda Wars Beta (Which sound like one of the American University House names inspired by {b]Greek[/b] letters or words!) and involves a single-player-campaign or random skirmish battles between the human Rebels and the alien like Combine and played both sides a few times remarking how similar the lightening arcing between the Combine's dark-energy collecting towers are to the standing stones of Carnac from Slaine - Warriors Dawn. This looked brilliant to me and had me thinking if the Combine were not really Cythrons.  This comparison opens gateway in time between this setting and Pre-Dilluvian-Tir-Nan-Og......think of the possibilities there....Imagining the dead rising from the resultant Sour-Land to form their own deadly faction against the other two.

Too bad. this game effect did not occur on my second and more successful play through of the Combine and there are no Head-Crab-Zombies either.
There's no point playing skyrim on PC if you haven't installed at least 57 mods, including tourettes mudcrab https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0dSFt48Sg

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 May, 2015, 02:07:13 AM
Here are two Game-Play videos of that Warhammer 40k - Regicide I had been play testing....

They are out of order and the first one is hidden in a folder I have'nt ear-marked for uploading just yet.

More to come soon.....

Found out the meaning to the word Regecide, and hope that doesn't reflect on me enjoying this game. Remember the Russians from Fortress Two ;)

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 May, 2015, 02:07:13 AM

I would like to make amendment about my rather narrow and possibly racist remark about Orcs (Yet, only in the fantasy sense....) looking like they were descendant from pigs...They are more like primitive humans, or even proto-humans, but it's the tusks that lend them a certain porcine aspect.

In any other generic fantasy setting, their, large ears and wide flat noses, excessive body hair and fat may add legitimacy to my earlier claim about them, but not quite so in any Elder Scrolls.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr, I have named him Perfect-Tooth,

Apparently, it's the English translation of what ever Latin name had been made up for some sort of pig or boar ancestor in times long past. It's always been my assumption that there is some sort strong connection them and the beastial Orc race.

Some proof of my earlier claims about the name I used.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote=ThryllSeekyr] ....and a flamed grilled Elk that died in some epic cinematic.[/quote]

Flambe would be better word for that. It's not like he put it on any barbeque.

Awesome cinematic!