Main Menu

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by the shutdown man, 30 April, 2008, 12:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

This is still a good way off, but I'm already looking forward to it.

I remember the Marine section of the first AVP game was truly one of the creepiest gaming experiences I've ever had. Stuck in a dark hallway, the beeping noise of the scanner, the scuttling of a facehugger. And when the scuttling stopped, that's when you knew it was in the air, heading for your head. Yes, I jumped more than once....
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Keef Monkey

Read a preview for it in the official 360 mag and got pretty excited about it. If they can pull off the sensation of being in Aliens then it'll be incredible.

[Carl]

Oh yes, I can remember that in the AVP game as well. Terrifying stuff, if Doom 3 or any of the current pretenders to the throne could top that, it'd be quite something. I think PCZone awarded AVP the moniker of scariest FPS of all time (so far!). The bit I liked reading about in the blurb was that the programmers have been given access to the original film sounds. The motion tracker is really going to be nerve wracking! AVP on the Atari Jaguar was crap, you couldn't finish the game! :mrgreen:

Pyroxian

Tried playing the Original AvP on my XP machine the other day and it just fails to load the first level in :( *cries*

Steve

superc0ntra

Strange, I play it without problems. Are you using the latesty patch?

Peter Wolf

I have a 2 disc set of AvP PC Game which i cant play as i dont have a PC that if i can find them in the pile of CDs are looking for a new home for free to whoever says Yes i want them first.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death