Main Menu

Star Wars Episode 7 and Disney buy Lucas Film

Started by willthemightyW, 30 October, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

ThryllSeekyr

As some of you may know, I have bene coming up with a lot of odd theories about this film.

This I have been bouncing around in my head since I first saw the film two days ago.

[spoiler]Rey is kind of like a game avatar or most probably some sort of Jedi armature or puppet of his.

This explain her so called Wild-Jedi skills so far. Maybe also the piloting skills, as well, but it's also possibly she might have learnt this normally. The only thing about that is that even she and Finn (Who also most admittedly just meet her, so it's kind of odd he didn't expect her to be such a pilot, unless this film is being as sexist as I am!) after they got the M.Falcon off of Jakku fully intact.

Maybe it's also possible that Finn is like a game avatar and much the same thing of Han Solo. It was only the way Finn started antagonising Fasma after they had got the upper hand of her. It's just that he sounded so much like Han when he was teasing her before they eventually decided to throw her in the trash compactor. Besides, Finn appears to get mortally wounded by Kylo's light-sabre not so long after Han met a similar end. Kind of like  Finn was only had so much own free will to survive as long as he did after Han fell.

Of course, for this to be possible, it's most likely it's some form of science rather than through the mysticism of Force, because Han is no Jedi (not to my knowledge!) himself. yet, he has been around for along time in this franchise and may have acquired some other advantages along with Luke and they are both playing some elaborate game against each other and not only did Han lose to Luke, but he was directly assaulted by Kylo-Ren.

Like they were both watching and remotely controlling Ren and Finn to firstly meet up with each other and recovered the M.Falcon and then find their way back to place where Han could collect them all together and get his ship back. The thing went crazy when he got caught up in the game himself. So he got killed.

So you all may think I need to watch this film a few more times to get my facts straightened out, but some of this really falls into place. Especially, when Rey returns Luke's sabre to him. She might have been remotely controlled the whole time.[/spoiler]

Just more insane speculation on my part.

GordonR

If Rey's a remote-controlled avatar of Luke's - and good job there robbing the franchise's first genuine action heroine of any actual agency - then why does she need the completed star map to find Luke?  And if her mission is to find Luke's light sabre, then that's not much of a plan of Luke's, given that she only finds it by blind luck when Han takes her - for a completely different reason - to the place where it happens to be.

No-one is an avatar of anyone. Star Wars really isn't that complicated - The Force Awakens to-be-resolved-later mysteries are all in plain sight and clearly sign-posted.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 December, 2015, 02:42:14 PM
Quote from: Mister Pops on 25 December, 2015, 02:39:09 PM
Calling it now, when we meet him in the flesh he'll be about three feet tall.
Redlettermedia seem to have accreted this as a prime example of predictability, but to be honest Napoleon complexes are common in cinematic villeins.

Ooooh, I Can watch the RLM review now. Shame it's not Plinkett though.

Edit: Accreted? Predictive text seems to have interfered there.
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

The thing with Rey[spoiler] as a pilot is that she actually tells Finn that she is a pilot, and clearly knows about the characteristics of the various ships in Unkar's (?) landing field. It's not a huge stretch that she's been flying stuff around Jakku for Unkar or another junk dealer.  [/spoiler]We never saw Luke flying anything before his X-Wing either, but he (and Ben and Biggs) tell us that he's a good pilot - that's how we know.  L'il Ani, Kitser and Watto serve the same function in TPM.

Add to this that the Force is [spoiler]especially strong with Rey (and Luke, and Ani), and she has a vision which seems to indicate that she was somehow present at Luke's Academy when it was destroyed, and there really is no reason to question her abilities. [/spoiler]Apart from the fact that's she's a girl, of course.

I read an hilarious (not) comment which suggested that Rey [spoiler]shouldn't have been able to beat (a badly injured) Kylo Ren in a fight because 'women are naturally smaller and weaker' than men. This from a supposed fan of a movie franchise that has Yoda as a major character.[/spoiler]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 25 December, 2015, 07:56:59 PM
I read an hilarious (not) comment which suggested that Rey [spoiler]shouldn't have been able to beat (a badly injured) Kylo Ren in a fight because 'women are naturally smaller and weaker' than men. This from a supposed fan of a movie franchise that has Yoda as a major character.[/spoiler]
:lol:

Bat King

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 December, 2015, 08:00:03 PM

That's the sort of thing a chap  from work is always coming out with.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Bat King

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 December, 2015, 10:12:55 AMon

Quote from: Bat King"I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
The Force is all around me
And so the power grows
It's written on the wind
It's everywhere I go, oh yes it is
So if you feel the Force
Come on and let it show
You know I love the Force, I always will
My mind's made up by the
Way that I feel
The Force has no beginning,
The Force has no end
'cause in the Force you can depend"

You came up with that yourself?

Yup
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ThryllSeekyr

I do tend to have a problem taking in everything in in one sitting and will need a few more before I can be satisfied I know as much everybody here. Besides I haven't read anything that might have prepared me for this one.

As with films like this, writers are often allowed to make graphic novels or short story that eliminates any loose end. In this instance, it's anything between this film and Return of the Jedi.

Still got a problem with her being the Jedi she is and I guess I'll just leave it that.

Yes, I am sexist, and that explains a lot about me!

I won't continue with my weird theories as simple is always turns out to be the best explanation.

Was tempted to continue along that line of thought where I might have it that Rey and Fin were only the figments of Luke and Han's imaginations. That's as far as I go with that theory as well.

Anyway, it was up from last midnight until early morning playing this....

After playing as the Rebel Alliance and continuing to lose and then switching sides and allowing myself to win this time get full satisfaction building a death star and wiping out every planet in the alliance sector. Which wasn't nearly as many shown here....

One of planets refreshed my memory...sounding like the name of leader of outlaw biker gang featured in one of those Clint Eastwood films when he had that orange haired lower primate for a companion.

It's turns out he looks a lot like.....

....and who was really underneath it all....

I can only imagine how hot it is!. Going by the wet cloth.

While Maz Kanata reminds me of....

Yet really turns out to be....

Who ever she is?

Professor Bear

Now you mention it, I did actually wonder why Linda Hunt wasn't playing Linda Hunt's character in The Force Awakens.  Perhaps JJA is not a big NCIS Los Angeles fan?

Goaty

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Seriously now Goaty. I know how much you like posting random jpegs/gifs without actually contributing to the discussion at all, but that will spoil one of the many fun moments of this movie for those who haven't seen it yet. Show some consideration
You may quote me on that.

I, Cosh

Saw it. Liked it.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever and it's basically all a big remix of the originals but I enjoyed it.
We never really die.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Bat King on 25 December, 2015, 09:40:57 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 December, 2015, 08:00:03 PM

That's the sort of thing a chap  from work is always coming out with.

Haven't heard that particular doozy, but have seen a lot of people complaining that [spoiler]Rey couldn't possibly hold her own in a lightsaber battle with Kylo given she has no training. For me that complaint misses the point of the Kylo Ren character completely and doesn't take into account what makes him interesting - the fact that he really isn't the ultimate badass that he projects himself as. Everything about him is insecure posturing, and watching the movie a second time I really appreciated how sloppy the battle actually is.

He's very injured and upset (he just killed his dad!) and Rey seems to be getting by purely on adrenaline. It's not a technical display of years of Jedi training, it's all emotion and fury, they're just swinging at each other. The tipping point is when Rey actually takes a moment to close her eyes and settle her thoughts, and that's how she gets the upper hand over Kylo's tantrum style. Nothing to do with skill with a lightsaber, everything to do with letting go of anger.[/spoiler]

It's a really nice touch and one those critics don't seem to be picking up on which is a shame. Really enjoyed my second viewing, found it somehow even more exciting than the first go round. Bea got me the 6 movie boxset for Xmas so looking forward to getting Star Wars-ed out my nut over the holidays.

Bat King

You ate right about the [spoiler]Lightsaber battle in my opinion  Keef. I think I missed that bit out of my review. So much to the film. Ren doubts himself and that will clearly affect how he performs. You have to believe in the Force and in yourself. Clearly he believes in the Force bit his doubts are his weakness. All that was on screen.[/spoiler]
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex