Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

Very nice! Glad to see updates here, they're always a joy. I love the ABC heads, and I think if you removed the back spikes that Stickleback could also be a pretty good model of Igor from the Persona video games :D

2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

ming

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 14 September, 2019, 07:24:25 PM...a pretty good model of Igor from the Persona video games :D

I have no idea what you're talking about but thanks!

Meanwhile, I'm quite happy with some recent progress on Blackblood* - now just deciding between inset eyepatch versus one at the same level as the 'snake' eye (which I love - just soooooo Blackblood).  Will try and get the rest of these done in the next week or so but it depends whether I can maintain the momentum.

* I had many, MANY attempts at that damn cap before I was happy - took a lot more effort than Feek's tam o'shanter...

ming

TordelBack

:o Spread the word!

(Blackblood's cap is perfect, and you can re-use it for Hauptmann Konstanza and with a tweak for Cursed Earth Koburn too).

Frank

Lego Blackblood's chief weapon is Duplocity.

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 September, 2019, 08:08:52 PM(Blackblood's cap is perfect, and you can re-use it for Hauptmann Konstanza and with a tweak for Cursed Earth Koburn too).

Koburn would be fun - actually they both would.  I'll make a note for a rainy day (bear in mind I'm in the rainiest city in Europe).

Quote from: Frank on 15 September, 2019, 09:06:10 PM

Lego Blackblood's chief weapon is Duplocity.

I have no words.

ming

Making decent progress with Mongrol but the arms gave me a a lot of trouble (tried out various different versions but this one seemed the least annoying).  Power couplings to be added to the arms but I'm still not sure whether to round off the from of Mongrol's head (doable but a minor headache; small changes usually involve far more work than you think they will).

There's ample fodder for a caption competition with this stuff...

Tjm86

"I think I've finally got ahead with Mongrol?"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 September, 2019, 06:37:51 AM
"I think I've finally got ahead with Mongrol?"

'Nice Zoidberg-themed Hoverhoover, Deadlock.'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ming

"When I said you needed to dispose of the body, this isn't what I had in mind, Blackblood..."

"Sssssss...."

ming

A little more progress, this time with Joe Pineapples... Might tweak this a bit but I'm fairly happy (I made a rifle for him but I´m not sure whether it's really needed).  I started off building the classic McMahon robo-nerd design but, while I think that would have gone okay-ish, I quickly opted for the Bisley Black Hole version instead.  There's so much character in that version of Joe it was a wise choice, I think (and goes well with road-drill Blackblood).

ming

Made a start on Happy Shrapnel (still fearing this to be the most difficult of the bunch)...

Otherwise, we're getting there - the boys are a lot of help, so we're all having fun, which is the main thing.

Rogue Judge

As always these are fantastic Ming. Happy is coming along nicely! I wouldn't mind seeing Joe with a sniper rifle, seeing that Deathlok has his sword. Really enjoying these.

TordelBack

I wonder would Mongrol benefit from some black hazard strips on his arms and some connecting hoses?

ming

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 23 September, 2019, 07:16:19 PM
As always these are fantastic Ming. Happy is coming along nicely! I wouldn't mind seeing Joe with a sniper rifle, seeing that Deathlok has his sword. Really enjoying these.

Thanks - I made a rifle for Joe earlier but I'm not settled on whether to include it when I order all the bits for these... Anyway:

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 September, 2019, 07:26:41 PM
I wonder would Mongrol benefit from some black hazard strips on his arms and some connecting hoses?

I've used the stripes when I've made other Mongrols (see earlier in the thread) and I'll try them out on the power paws (not sure there's anywhere on the arms I can used them as they're all curves).  Connecting hoses are planned but I can't add those in a bendy way at the digital stage (although you can do fancy stuff with things like chains now, which is nice).