Started by Goaty, 20 June, 2013, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Did an absolutely gigantiballs blog about Glasto - and what went on there

http://crazyfoxmachine.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/glastonbury-etc.html

SuperSurfer

Albion

Nice write up Crazyfoxmachine.

Of the stuff I recorded from the telly I was most impressed by Goat, Tame Impala and of course the Stones and Seasick Steve.

Glad you saw Otway, always hilarious. I've seen him a few times over the years.
As for Atilla, I don't mind him sometimes but as I nearly got into a fight because of him once I often have mixed feelings about him. Sometimes he's very good, sometimes he's an arse. He really does think he is more important than he actually is. He was organising some good gigs down here in his hometown of Southwick some years back but it all got a bit silly in the end. He also organised the worst beer festival I have ever been to, me and my mates actually left after an hour because it was so bad but we did, of course, just go to a pub instead!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

sheldipez

Only thing I was interested in this year (on the telly at least) was The xx which I thought was utterly stunning set.

Dandontdare

cool review CFM. I would have been tempted to steal that woman's whole tent as soon as she was away from it!

Nice to hear some love for the Small World Cafe - They go to loads of festivals, and are responsible for introducing me to one of my favourite artists Martha Tilston, who I go and see at every opportunity.

You did highlight why I'd never go back to Glastonbury these days and prefer the smaller fests - that everything is rammed - I like things a bit more mellow and relaxed in my old age!

Theblazeuk

Where was the small world tent? A friend of mine (well, friendly acquaintance is more accurate I guess) played there every day but it never caught my eye and thus went unseen.

CrazyFoxMachine

It was up in green futures - which is a little off the beaten track as a field really it's not on "the way" to anywhere else...

Theblazeuk

Ah. So right next to where I was camped and a place I walked through every day, doh.