Main Menu

GTA 4

Started by LARF, 30 March, 2007, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Just been playing it a bit today - pretty good so far, although the frame rate can get choppy in places at 1080P, I'm going to try dropping it to 720P to see if it helps.

Pretty surreal to be mowing down pedestrians to Oxygene IV.

The Razor commercial on the TV made me laugh.

- Steve

Keef Monkey

Got up early(was at the shops for 8am!) and everywhere was still closed and had big cues, but Zavvi had opened quietly at 8 and were selling it, no cues at all because no-one seemed to have cottoned on. Probably because Zavvi's gash.

It's been fun so far, the TV ad for the 24 spoof made me spit juice on my living room floor though.

WoD

Just got my first ever 3 rings of Death...working again now, but I expect it is a matter of time...

Radbacker

well bollocks, I likey lots but i simply dont have the time to enjoy at the moment, come on holidays.  Spent hour last night starting and didn't even have a gun by the time i finished but i had been on a date and done some bowling, cant help but think of Borat when ever Nikko or his cousin open their mouth.  Does seem to have the feeling of the oother GTA with a better story so far.

CU Radbacker

Bongo Jack

For those who worry they don't have the time to fully invest in the game (damn you, employment!), I really can't reccommend the online modes enough.  Team up to rule the city or just go on a murder spree like you're some kind of mental Terminator with no regard for whatever damage you might incur by getting ran over by a jeep or riddled with a copper's bullets.
Awsome.  Just...

Awsome.
Live forever or die trying

ThryllSeekyr

Keef Monkey said...

'Probably because Zavvi's gash.'

?????????

Whats that all about?

It will be quite ahwile before before I will be able to afford the console to play that game on. I would buy the PC version, though console is always better becuase their controllers more user freindly.

I don't think I will be getting the 360 ever. They sound real bad. After haering about the few 360 owners on this messagebaord have had to send them back to be repaired. Thats bad press.

I've had my PSTWO for awhile and it's never
broken down. Despite, all the travelling I did down south with it. Like I kept it in plastic box in the back of my Utility and there were many occasions when my vechile had broken down. You'd think that all the jiggling around and long hours in the humidity might have shortened it's life. I even tried selling at one stage when I thought I needed the money and the idea of owning seemed not vaiable at the time. At the seven hundred dollars I paid for it and the tow hundred dollars that every single pawn shop was going to offer me. No way. Glad I held onto it. Though now, I got it back home and it's still works.

Sony should pay me for saying that.

Anyway, it was just yesterday that I got my copy of 'Black And White Two' in the mail because I have been wanting this game for while yet I kept putting it off until it was no longer being sold retail. So I ordered it.

In short it's a God game RTS, sort of mlike Poplulous. Which is no surpirse as both those game were made by the same folk. With a twist, you get to raised a giant animorphic animal that will defend your kingdom.

The city biulding phase of this game has been improved. You can draw paths along the ground. The people living in your town let you know what needs to be built next and actualley choose what new buildings are needed while you decide where to build them.

Pity the thing that I was most looking forward  about this game was the level of detail. The grass swaying in the breeze. The textures on the little people and the fur growing allover your maturing animal.

My graphics card wont allow for this.

The game still works and it still looks okay though.

The city building phase I have imagined 'What if this was a Mega-City One building game'?

Link: http://www.lionhead.com/bw2/" target="_blank">B&W TWO SITE

Radbacker

I've got re-fried beans up my nose :)

Cu Radbacker

Richmond Clements

Interesting little article on the BBC blog.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/04/gta_the_outrage_fades.html" target="_blank">Like accusing Cluedo...

badboy

I was at tesco for midnight and "just" got a copy! There were hundreds of people there it was quite surreal for a monday night!  The last 2 nights I have stayed up till 5 am playing this.  

And you can take that back, cause I stole my nephews xbox until mine is fixed so I'm playing GTA4 aswell ner ner ner na ner ner

Roger Godpleton

It took a few hours for it to 'click' for me, but once I took a nighttime drive through LC's version of Times Square I knew I was in for the long haul.

I've said words to the effect of "HOLY FUCKING SHIT" at least twice during the cutscenes.

Which did you guys choose? Playboy X or Dwayne? I went for X first but died so I went after Dwayne just because and I immediately regretted it.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Something Fishy

This is really good.

I've not got that into previous GTA's as I couldn't really relate to the characters but this has really clicked.

Nicely put together game with loads of great moments.

Something Fishy

Thryll.. not really bad if you buy them since last September .. sojust don;t buy second hand.

Black and white.. Molyneux's company who mad it are now making games for 360.  Fable 2 looks like it could be fantastic.

Roger Godpleton

AAGH SHIT PUT BOLD NOT SPOILERS SORRY SORRY SORRY.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ThryllSeekyr

I think that may have been the BEST fourteen Australian dollars I ever spent.

Though the game is extremy buggy in that I have so far had to retart the game after making it to stage three twice with too diffrent creatures.

First the Cow whiuch pretty smarty for upright walking animal.

Then the Wolf which who is toughter and must faster as running.

When my computer froze both times. It screwed up all my saved games for some strange reason.

I'm trying to install the official patch for it now.

Most interesting part of the game so far had been watching the Wolf-man attack a hoard of Viking archers and actualley seeing that his arms and upper torso were being nailed by some many arrows like a pin cusion before grinding all of them into the ground like paste.

I haven't brought eh expansion yet. Though I am thinking of it.

The new Fable Game looks good also. After ever so breifly playinng the first game when it was put on display inside a electronics store. Attacking two guards and accruing so many points of evil.  

I might wait fo the PC version though. As I wont be ever buying a X-Box anytime soon.

ThryllSeekyr

Going back on topic....

A man was stabbed while walking past some people queing up to buy GTA IV.

Link: http://xboxer.tv/2008/04/man_stabbed_in_gta_iv_queue.html" target="_blank">Apparently the accused was waiting in line.