Main Menu

New series '13' by Mike Carey

Started by ukdane, 11 April, 2002, 10:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Here's what Mike had to say about it on the DC Message Board...

13 is about human psychics, alien warrior maidens, vast machines at the Earth's core, and a theft and a murder that took place more or less at the time of the big bang. It's basically big, sprawling space opera stuff, with a sort of mystery element running alongside - the mystery concerning exactly what the stolen "artefact 13" actually is.

Cheers

-Daney

paulvonscott

Funny cos the ad made it look like it was about a nutter.

Mudcrab

Sounds vastly different from what the pics so far suggest. Hopefully the guy pictured won't be a copy of Dane McGowan (ooh, spooky) from The Invisibles. Not that I want to pick holes before I've even seen it.

I reckon the 13th artefact is the Dead Kennedys t-shirt. I do hope though, that 2000ad won't be accused of advertising the 'fake' DK that's 'reformed' at the moment.

If it's not Jello, don't swallow it!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mk13

>I reckon the 13th artefact is the Dead Kennedys t-shirt. I do hope though, that 2000ad won't be accused of advertising the 'fake' DK that's 'reformed' at the moment.

>If it's not Jello, don't swallow it!

Damn straight - there'll be no pale imitations of the DKs round here - I'll be sticking with my Biafra spoken-word albums rather than anything the Jello-less Kennedys bring out...

Mudcrab

Good man! His new one's out this month, "The Big Ka-Boom". As opposed to Dredd Ka-Ka-Ka-Boom! Or was is Ka-Ba-Ba-Boom?
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mk13

Cool - 'Become the Media' was awesome, and I'm seriously looking forward to the new one.

Remember to buy it direct from Alternative Tentacles though, and help pay off Jello's legal costs...