Main Menu

Kurt Russel for Dredd???

Started by Buddy, 19 July, 2003, 07:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

Heh. So could I...

Judges transplanted into The Fifth Element would've looked great. That movie had a terrific designer, director, and overall tone. But if a Dredd film gets made it's a low-budget American production with someone like Jean Reno. In which case I'd prefer it if they played down the eccentricities of the uniform, leaning in the direction of Mad Max/Minority Report, rather than run the risk of the Judges looking like tits... again.

Buddy

I liked the uniform in the movie. Thought the Eagle pad looked really good.

Totally unfunctional of course, too bulky, but it's only a movie and looks count for more than realism.

I'd be interested to see the new movies take on the uniform. The teaser blurbs about the films have a sort of mix of movie & comic uniform.

As I said earlier, these movies should be in pre production by now so (if they'er gettin made at all) designs should soon be available.

We'll see.

I'll email Shoreline and enquire about the progress of the films. Stay tuned!!!

paulvonscott

Couldn't agree more about the Fifth Element Carnivore.  It may have differed from Mega City in a lot of ways but it really captured the manic craziness of a future city.

Mega City 1 should be the city equivelant of a laughing manic madman.

Trout

Tips, I did say he made the film "almost" single-handedly and I did have Val Kilmer's consumptive Holliday in mind.

That exchange: "Hey, I got lots of friends."---  "I don't."

... is one of my favourite film moments. Subtle and absorbing. Really hits you suddenly.

Now I really want to see Tombstone again. Must get to (hissssss.. boooooo..... nnnngggh... nooooo...) Ikea for a cupboard so I'm allowed to dig out all my old videos.

Mind you, Kilmer for Dredd? Nah.

- Trout

paulvonscott

Don't even say it Trout!  While Kilmer is unuausally brilliant in Tombstone, he's usually the sign of a shocking movie.  In Batman he had that horrible lipstick covered girly pout.  Ack!

Slippery PD

I like Val Kilmer a lot as an actor, he certainly is a presence in every film hes in (except Batman Forever).  I mean hes in Top Gun, acts Cruise of the film, has the better role.  Cruise becomes a MegaStar.  Tombstone is another, between him, Russel and Shepperd (sp) the film cackles when they are all in shot.

Sam Shepperd is another actor I like, the Right Stuff(IIRC).  Can he play a long walk judge a la Wade Garret from Road House!!!
 :)
Yer Slips

petemaskreplica

And that version of the Saint he was in was really, really bad, bad on a Batman and Robin level. And that's very bad indeed.

Did I mention it was a bad film?

Slippery PD

Sam Sheppers Feck Sam Elliot.  Not the right stuff guy.  Damn and Blast!!!

Yer Slips

La Mer

'im your huckelberry' - refers to tom sawyer - best mates n all that.

BTW - tyhink im right in saying the dredd uniforms were made 'real' by armani?......

Mikey

Having perused the thread I give you the answer you've been waiting for...
...Guy Pierce.
He can act,got a square jaw,well built-not weightliftery.
Or,er,what's his name,Michael Winterbottom(?) out of The Crow,gravelly voiced dude.
A GOOD actor would get my vote,unknown or not.

As for the look-biker leathers should be the start,non?Ways and means around tight fitting sweatiness as i should know,i can tell ye...*ahem*

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Richmond Clements

Micheal Wincott is his name. But I agree, he's a good choice alright.