Main Menu

MARCH ART COMP - RESULTS THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 April, 2014, 12:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

It was a great comp - well done to the winners! It really was tough to choose so in the end I went with the ones of which I was the most jealous...

-- Mike

allistermac

Congratulations to this months winners. I have been very remiss and missed the vote but my choices were reflected in the final outcome. It'll be a shame to lose Jon from the competition but I understand wanting to go out on a high.

I'd second Jon's idea for a crit section where people could post their art for others comments and suggestions. Personally I enjoy getting feedback and prefer people to pick the faults rather than praise the piece as it isn't always obvious what needs work until you take a step back and re-visit. I found the feedback to my first stab at a 2000AD script on this site invaluable and I'll be having another attempt when time allows.

Keep up the good work CFM.

Jon

Quote from: allistermac on 04 April, 2014, 03:40:18 AM

I'd second Jon's idea for a crit section where people could post their art for others comments and suggestions. Personally I enjoy getting feedback and prefer people to pick the faults rather than praise the piece as it isn't always obvious what needs work until you take a step back and re-visit. I found the feedback to my first stab at a 2000AD script on this site invaluable and I'll be having another attempt when time allows.

Awesome! I'm on holiday shortly, but I'll set something up when I get back.

SKD

Yet another superb competition crammed full of excellent pieces.
Well done to Jon for his wonderful entry and also well done to Jon for his wonderful entry... Is there an echo in here?  :D
The art comp is one of the highlights of my month, weather I enter or not. It is always a thrill to see everybody's work and interpretation of the theme. All the entries (again) this month were fantastic, with many different styles and qualities making the process of choosing a winner incredibly difficult.
A big thanks to all those on the forum who took the time to vote, especially if you voted for me  ;)
And, once again, a "Hurrah!" for that jolly nice chap CrazyFoxMachine for all his efforts in bringing us all this slice of joy.