Main Menu

Prog 1822 - The Sound Of The Underground

Started by JamesC, 02 March, 2013, 10:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mabs on 12 March, 2013, 12:21:06 PM
I just had a question about Red Seas; i really hope to see a TPB of this series soon, but (seeing as the collection would be very short) i  was thinking would it be better to collect the whole thing (including previous series)  in one awesome hardcover or even a TPB a la Mazeworld? I would really be over the moon if we could get that, and pay top money to purchase it. What would the powers that be at 2000ad, make of that?

It's been a TPB twice before now. The original collection of the first few stories was one of the DC/Rebellion line in 2004/5(ish) and I don't believe sold especially well. Like most of the original DC books it was eventually 'rebooted' as a new edition to match the current TPB line - and still didn't sell very well. It's unlikely Rebellion is going to try a third attempt of the same material any time soon when they must still have piles of copies sat in their warehouse. See also - the Sinister Dexter books and even the early couple of Dantes. And let's be honest, if a stellar series like Nikolai Dante has trouble hitting enough numbers to warrant a reprint then Red Seas frankly has no hope.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mabs

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 March, 2013, 12:36:48 PM
Quote from: Mabs on 12 March, 2013, 12:21:06 PM
I just had a question about Red Seas; i really hope to see a TPB of this series soon, but (seeing as the collection would be very short) i  was thinking would it be better to collect the whole thing (including previous series)  in one awesome hardcover or even a TPB a la Mazeworld? I would really be over the moon if we could get that, and pay top money to purchase it. What would the powers that be at 2000ad, make of that?

It's been a TPB twice before now. The original collection of the first few stories was one of the DC/Rebellion line in 2004/5(ish) and I don't believe sold especially well. Like most of the original DC books it was eventually 'rebooted' as a new edition to match the current TPB line - and still didn't sell very well. It's unlikely Rebellion is going to try a third attempt of the same material any time soon when they must still have piles of copies sat in their warehouse. See also - the Sinister Dexter books and even the early couple of Dantes. And let's be honest, if a stellar series like Nikolai Dante has trouble hitting enough numbers to warrant a reprint then Red Seas frankly has no hope.

BALLS.  :(

Still, thanks for the info Dark Jimbo.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

James Stacey

by a quick barney count there are upwards of 116 episodes of red seas so about 700 pages so 2 - 3 case file sized editions

Mabs

Quote from: James Stacey on 12 March, 2013, 12:48:47 PM
by a quick barney count there are upwards of 116 episodes of red seas so about 700 pages so 2 - 3 case file sized editions

Is it that long? I wouldn't have known! That makes my job of locating the trades that much harder now. So does anyone know how many TPB's in total? Your help will be much appreciated guys, as i really loved this new series and would love to read previous stories.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

I, Cosh

Quote from: Mabs on 12 March, 2013, 01:13:46 PM
Is it that long? I wouldn't have known! That makes my job of locating the trades that much harder now. So does anyone know how many TPB's in total? Your help will be much appreciated guys, as i really loved this new series and would love to read previous stories.
All information available here: Red Seas on Barney.
There is a full size hardback reprinting the very first Red Seas story and a paperback in the more conventional size which reprints the first three stories. There are no more collections, nor are there likely to be any in the future.

We never really die.

Mabs

Thank you for the link, The Cosh! (and everyone else for helping out). Apologies also if veering off topic, i should've probably opened a Red Seas specific thread, oh well. :)

My Twitter @nexuswookie

sheldipez

Quote from: The Cosh on 12 March, 2013, 01:18:13 PM
Quote from: Mabs on 12 March, 2013, 01:13:46 PM
All information available here: Red Seas on Barney.
There is a full size hardback reprinting the very first Red Seas story and a paperback in the more conventional size which reprints the first three stories. There are no more collections, nor are there likely to be any in the future.

The first volume of Red Seas is so cheap on amazon that I'm tempted to buy it, and I don't even like Red Seas.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sheldipez on 12 March, 2013, 02:57:10 PM
The first volume of Red Seas is so cheap on amazon that I'm tempted to buy it, and I don't even like Red Seas.
Bloody hell that is a bit good. One copy for me please.  :D

Mabs

Sheldipez, you're a star mate! I've just only gone and ordered a copy!  :D

Cheers!

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Taryn Tailz

Well that's three more copies of The Red Seas TPB sold at least. How many more do we need to shift for volume 2 Tharg?  :lol:

IndigoPrime

That's crazy. Must be dead stock that those companies are offloading. That's the paperback, too (i.e. the book that you want, versus the hardback that only had something like 64 pages).

James Stacey

It's one of the books that Mongoose was selling off as remaindered stock so I guess there were a lot that went unsold.

Taryn Tailz

I actually bought my copy off of Amazon last year for 1p. Which means its had a 780% price increase since then.  :lol:

Mabs

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 12 March, 2013, 03:50:04 PM
I actually bought my copy off of Amazon last year for 1p. Which means its had a 780% price increase since then.  :lol:

Blimey. 1p?  :o

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Mabs on 12 March, 2013, 03:57:05 PM
Quote from: Tim Tailz on 12 March, 2013, 03:50:04 PM

Blimey. 1p?  :o

Yep, and that was for a brand new copy too. I don't mind the Red Seas but I think even people who hate it would buy the trades if they were 1p each.  :lol: