Main Menu

Reader's Kid's Art

Started by Andrew_J, 08 February, 2013, 02:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew_J

Since Tharg doesn't seem much interested in printing reader's art these days (either that or none of you are sending in pictures such as "Judge Ukko", "Rogue Quinch" or "Nemestein" anymore) I thought I'd share this drawing my 4 year old son did during the week. I'm a very proud daddy.

shaolin_monkey

That's cool! 

My kids did some Dredd and 2000AD art for the Xmas Advent Calendar which were fun.  In particular, my seven year old did a mean Dredd, and my six year old really enjoyed drawing a Thrillsucker.

Has anyone got any more?

Link Prime

And proud you should be.  ;)
I've seen less competent Dredd pieces pop up after typing 'Judge Dredd Original Art' into Ebay's search option!

Dash Decent

Hey, that's brilliant!  I love the stubby sour-face; it's perfect.

Like shaolin_monkey I posted some of my son's art in the Advent Calendar free day.  He was desperately keen to be a part of it (and, unfortunately, very disappointed he didn't get any comments).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Andrew_J

Ha! I just checked out that advent art. I'm late to the game so hadn't seen that before. Future Henry Flints! Brilliant stuff! They deserve reposting.

Brilliant work by the shaolin_monkies:
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,37527.msg732297.html#msg732297

Great Dredd strip by Dash Decent Jr.
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,37527.msg733697.html#msg733697

shaolin_monkey

He was desperately keen to be a part of it (and, unfortunately, very disappointed he didn't get any comments).

Let's get commenting then!   ;)

A superb piece, very reminiscent of Ron Smith's wisecracking Dredd from the Daily Star strips.

A festive effort, yet retaining a feel for the dystopia of Mega City One, where Law and Order cannot abate frustration and disappointment with the system.

Andrew_J

Buttonman

Quote from: afjudge on 08 February, 2013, 02:31:24 PM
"Judge Ukko", "Rogue Quinch" or "Nemestein"

"Judge Ukko" - 3 apperances! Progs 428, 465 & 651

"Rogue Quinch" Prog 408 (as 'Rogue Quinch, Man')

"Nemestein" Prog 417

Dash Decent

Thanks guys!  Benjamin was very pleased, though I did have to explain some of shaolin_monkey's comments to him!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.