Main Menu

Half-price digital progs – a year of Thrill-power at 50% off

Started by IndigoPrime, 05 February, 2020, 05:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Get an entire year's dose of digital Thrill-power in one go – for half price!

The 2000 AD Prog Collection bundles include all the issues of 2000 AD from a single calendar year – and each week we'll be giving 50% off one of the collections between 2003 and 2015 on the 2000 AD webshop!

Buy the 2003 Digital Prog Collection now >>

Highlights in the 2003 Prog Collection (featuring Progs 1322-1370, including the 2000 AD Prog 2004 Christmas Special) include the thrilling crossover Judge Dredd vs Aliens: Incubus by John Wagner, Andy Diggle, and Henry Flint; the moment when Mega-City justice finally caught up with Orlok the Assassin in Judge Dredd: The Trial of Orlok by John Wagner and Cam Kennedy; mutant bounty hunter Durham Red finds herself 1,200 years in the future in The Empty Suns by Dan Abnett and Mark Harrison; Simon Spurrier and Carl Critchlow's eternally grumpy expert torturer and claw-wearer Lobster Random makes his first appearance; and horror comes to the high seas in Ian Edginton and D'Israeli's breathtaking Leviathan.

Each bundle includes up to 50 issues of 2000 AD, PLUS the annual bumper Christmas Prog – meaning you can download and read an entire year's worth of classic Thrill-power in one go.

These annual Prog Collections are the ideal way to create your own digital archive of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic and catch up on the greatest comics of the millennium!

All files from the 2000 AD webshop can be downloaded DRM-free in CBZ or PDF formats.

Each annual Prog collection will be released with 50% off on the following dates:

12 February – 2004
19 February – 2005
26 February – 2006
4 March – 2007
11 March – 2008
18 March – 2009
25 March – 2010
1 April – 2011
8 April – 2012
15 April – 2013
22 April – 2014
29 April – 2015

sintec

It's a great offer - but there's no way I can keep up with purchasing 1 years worth of progs per week even with that discount.  Which kind of puts me off trying.  Especially when there's a not insignificant overlap with the Ultimate Collection which I'm already paying for.

WhizzBang

Being a reader who is living outside of the UK and is mainly a digital reader this is a pretty sweet deal. I will go for the first one but as sintec points out, the schedule is too fast to keep up with so I am unlikely to take advantage of the other year deals.

Super Mario

Amazing. I'm gonna hold off and maybe just get the last four or five. I moved to all digital and it's so much better (for me anyway)

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 February, 2020, 05:07:52 PM
Highlights in the 2003 Prog Collection (featuring Progs 1322-1370, including the 2000 AD Prog 2004 Christmas Special)
I've said several times that I'd be likely to jump on it if they ever did a significant reduction on digital back progs. Doubt I'll buy the lot but I certainly have a couple of years earmarked for sure.

However, one part of this seems like deliberate trolling. Buy a year's worth of Progs at a greatly reduced but still not insignificant cost and you don't get the first episode of any of the stories!
We never really die.

broodblik

The first episodes are available digitally you just have to purchase it via the year 2002 link:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/PRGX2003
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

I, Cosh

Quote from: broodblik on 06 February, 2020, 04:29:49 PM
The first episodes are available digitally you just have to purchase it via the year 2002 link:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/PRGX2003
I know. My point was that in any year bundle you buy, you won't get the first episode of the first block of stories in that year.

Obviously you can solve this by buying all the years.
We never really die.

Funt Solo

Very tempting! Replace a few boxes with a few megabytes. Free up some space in the nerd cave.

It's probable at this point that PDFs will exist as an accessible medium until I'm dead, so...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

You also get CBR downloads as an option. They're basically ZIP files of JPEGs. Even if JPEG starts to die as a format, you'd be able to convert them easily enough.

Also, if you're an iPad owner, I recommend Chunky for reading your digital Progs.

MumboJimbo

Another good comic reader for the iPad is iComics, which I picked over Chunky as it supports a few more comic formats (ZIP, CBZ, RAR, CBR, 7ZIP, CB7, TAR, CBT, LZH, LHA, EPUB, PDF).

DrJomster

It'll be interesting to see how this does. If we ever find out that is.

Might be worth a similar offer, but a year once a month rather than once a week?

A good promotion though, to be sure!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

sintec

Quote from: DrJomster on 07 February, 2020, 11:29:08 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this does. If we ever find out that is.

Might be worth a similar offer, but a year once a month rather than once a week?

A good promotion though, to be sure!

If this was monthly rather than weekly it would be very hard to resist.

aceface11

Any chance of repeating this offer this year (or something similar?) Am looking at starting a digital collection of years I wasn't collecting the paper prog.

Might be nice with the anniversary coming up etc.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 February, 2020, 05:07:52 PM
Get an entire year's dose of digital Thrill-power in one go – for half price!

The 2000 AD Prog Collection bundles include all the issues of 2000 AD from a single calendar year – and each week we'll be giving 50% off one of the collections between 2003 and 2015 on the 2000 AD webshop!

Buy the 2003 Digital Prog Collection now >>

Highlights in the 2003 Prog Collection (featuring Progs 1322-1370, including the 2000 AD Prog 2004 Christmas Special) include the thrilling crossover Judge Dredd vs Aliens: Incubus by John Wagner, Andy Diggle, and Henry Flint; the moment when Mega-City justice finally caught up with Orlok the Assassin in Judge Dredd: The Trial of Orlok by John Wagner and Cam Kennedy; mutant bounty hunter Durham Red finds herself 1,200 years in the future in The Empty Suns by Dan Abnett and Mark Harrison; Simon Spurrier and Carl Critchlow's eternally grumpy expert torturer and claw-wearer Lobster Random makes his first appearance; and horror comes to the high seas in Ian Edginton and D'Israeli's breathtaking Leviathan.

Each bundle includes up to 50 issues of 2000 AD, PLUS the annual bumper Christmas Prog – meaning you can download and read an entire year's worth of classic Thrill-power in one go.

These annual Prog Collections are the ideal way to create your own digital archive of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic and catch up on the greatest comics of the millennium!

All files from the 2000 AD webshop can be downloaded DRM-free in CBZ or PDF formats.

Each annual Prog collection will be released with 50% off on the following dates:

12 February – 2004
19 February – 2005
26 February – 2006
4 March – 2007
11 March – 2008
18 March – 2009
25 March – 2010
1 April – 2011
8 April – 2012
15 April – 2013
22 April – 2014
29 April – 2015