Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Albion on 15 May, 2013, 10:00:19 AM
Life of Pi.
Looks very nice but I found it rather boring.

I got that in my DVD collection. Haven't watched it yet though.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Buttonman on 19 May, 2013, 07:44:21 PM
Buffy in a jumper tackles The Grudge while some one has an original idea to do a film about the mafia in Witness to the Mob.

I like Buffy

MR. ELIMINATOR

Harley Davidson and The marlboro man. It's amazing.

Recrewt

Mr. Eliminator - where did you dig that up from?   :lol:

I saw that film ages ago on VHS and I'm sure last time I checked it had not even been released on DVD (a quick check on amazon informs me it now has been). 

judgefloyd

Naked Gun 33 1/2..........good goofy fun. Perfect for watching with the 13 year old son

Professor Bear

Fast and the Furious 6 - gloriously stupid film-making.

von Boom

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 23 May, 2013, 01:00:11 PM
Harley Davidson and The marlboro man. It's amazing.

This one's a gem. :thumbsup:

ThryllSeekyr

This movie was recommended to me by a book I had been reading, and I did a search for it on You-tube.

It's called Grave of the Fireflies

They made it a animation of this in 1988...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mU_DiDh_5U

& two live action versions in 2005 and 2009. One of which I could only find here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sThH1yJNSHw

They both are very sad :(

JOE SOAP

ThryllSeekyr

Spikes

Jaws - which looks just glorious on Blu-Ray. And is totally deserving of the frame by frame restoration its recently received. Classic stuff.

Not had chance to check out the considerable extra's yet, but the 'Shark is still working' Doc looks to be a good nights viewing on its own! (I believe a certain forum member is featured on it, as well).

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Jack on 25 May, 2013, 09:17:32 PM
Jaws - which looks just glorious on Blu-Ray. And is totally deserving of the frame by frame restoration its recently received. Classic stuff.

Not had chance to check out the considerable extra's yet, but the 'Shark is still working' Doc looks to be a good nights viewing on its own! (I believe a certain forum member is featured on it, as well).
Best restoration job i've ever seen on a BD. And a classic movie to boot. That doc is awsome btw, happy viewing ahead!

Dark Jimbo

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, which I'd seen before but have gained a whole new appreciation of having read the first eight novels of the series since then. Highly recommended.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mardroid

Daredevil.

Rather corny in places, but not as bad as people often make out. Actually it's not bad at all. But boy is it cheesy. I mean, why couldn't he just don his weapons rather than all that twiddling stuff about?

Oh and did they ever explain in that spin-off Elektra [spoiler]how she came back from the dead? I've seen the film once but I seem to remember they never really got into it. I thought maybe Matt just assumed she was dead when she was unconscious but you actually see a sonar-vision thing of her heart stopping...[/spoiler]

radiator

Sightseers.

Been looking forward to seeing this for ages, and it didn't disappoint. Excellent movie.