Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Frank

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 12 July, 2013, 03:01:48 AM
Sucker Punch was in it with brown hair for some reason and I was distracted by the fact that she is clearly the tiniest person in the whole world, but her presence resolved the need for a three-way to break the tension

Emily Browning's USP seems to be that she's pretty enough to be in Oscar-nominated period drama but is willing to appear in genre trash that involves often humiliating sexual exploitation. Which is disturbing, because the only thing I really know her from is A Series of Unfortunate Events when she was just a wee girl.

Hawkmumbler

I liked Sleeping Beauty. :|

Frank

Hawkmumbler

Call me pervy (no seriously, liberality seemingly has no place in our society) but it's still better than 98% of the mainstream shite put out each year.

Professor Bear

Quote from: sauchie on 12 July, 2013, 06:14:25 PM
Which is disturbing, because the only thing I really know her from is A Series of Unfortunate Events when she was just a wee girl.

She is still pretty wee.  I don't know if that makes things better for you or worse.

Frank

I'm in a good mood tonight, so I'm going to give McGee's reputedly awful Terminator 4 (Film Four, right now) a go for the first time.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie on 12 July, 2013, 09:02:42 PM
I'm in a good mood tonight, so I'm going to give McGee's reputedly awful Terminator 4 (Film Four, right now) a go for the first time.

I'll confess that I really didn't hate it.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Salvation? I enjoyed it much more than Terminator 3. And the bits with [spoiler]Arnie[/spoiler] were a pleasant surprise. They won't be to you if you highlight that spoiler though!

I think Cameron is doing a direct sequel to T2 though. So dunno if this is canon?
Lock up your spoons!

Professor Bear

T4's an alright romp.  No big shakes if you can get past the heavy use of cliche, but there's a couple of good setpieces and single-take shots.  One suspects it might have fared better critically if it was set outside the Terminator universe.

Hawkmumbler

It's oddly harmless. Not half a shite as everyone let's you onto believe it is. Certainly a divider though.

And Dr.X That wasn't [spoiler]Arnie[/spoiler], it was a CGI double.

Buttonman

More exciting western action in The Desperadoes followed by John Wayne going head to head with a rubber octopus in Wake of the Red Witch.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: sauchie on 12 July, 2013, 09:02:42 PM

There's a few things to like in it but I reckon it was mostly shite.  Nobody opens a door when they can blow it off the hinges with a grenade launcher, It's that kind of movie. [spoiler]Arnie [/spoiler]was cool though.  Really, don't highlight the spoiler.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

judgefloyd

T4 wasn't 'hey how about that awful bit' awful, it was just a bit underwhelming, for mine.  Enough is enough.

I've just watched my first Chuck Norris movie - an early 90s effort called Hellbound.  Chuck and his annoying funky sidekick (they're cops who annoy their strait-laced boss) get involved in stopping Satan's henchperson, Prosatanus from getting a really tacky relic and taking over the world etc.
  It was pretty much as you'd expect.  My mate says it's Norris' best movie.

Professor Bear

That is not actually saying very much, as even Chuck's best movies are fuppin terrible.  Sidekicks and Firewalker are his most accessible and mainstream efforts, though if you can enjoy things for straddling bad and funny, Invasion USA (featuring a high noon showdown with rocket launchers instead of handguns) and Lone Wolf McQuade (in which Chuck wakes up in his own grave and decides it's time to have a beer) are worth a gander.  Otherwise, don't watch his films because he's a homophobic loon who thinks it super-important that 8 year olds be thrown out of the boy scouts if they didn't want to kiss a lady on the mouth.