Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

No not as of yet  I'm on the phone to the docs in the morning i can't in through another might like last night it was agony
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Tiplodocus

My wee girl is crying because she's just been dumped by her boyfriend of five years.  And we had to move all her stuff out of the flat and she didn't want to.

Actually she's not that wee anymore - 22 - but a broken heart is a terrble thing to see
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

mogzilla

she'll be your wee girl when shes in her fifties! mines only 5 so i've got all that to look forward to  ::)

Bolt-01

Ah Tips, that's one of the joys of fatherhood. My 'little' girl is almost as tall as her mom now, but she'll always be my baby.

staticgirl

klute - could be acid reflux - especially if it is worse when you lie down. The dr will be able to help you with that and won't think you are being silly. It often feels as bad as a heart attack.

Peter - could you advise me what vitamin drinks are the best? I am really run down and could do with the hydration in the office too.

Life Spugs because.... The lottery hasn't been won and I still can't write that Resignation Letter. Life goes on.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: staticgirl on 04 January, 2011, 12:31:14 PM

Peter - could you advise me what vitamin drinks are the best? I am really run down and could do with the hydration in the office too.

Dunns River Nourishment milk drinks in cans always work best.You often find them in newsagents in the fridge.They taste pretty vile though apart from the vanilla type.One or two of these a week works well for me.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sGxqRdV1m5sJ:www.nurishment.co.uk/+dunns+river+nourishment&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

Another is Vitamin/V water in plastic bottles.You have probably seen those around and there is one type that has got everything in it.As these are nutritional supplements they are not what you drink all day when you are thirsty.If you are run down then drink 1 can or bottle a day.

There was a flu scare in the Ukraine last winter and they all ate garlic as a cure for it instead of being vaccinated.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

M.I.K.

Those Eastern European folk have a history of combatting that kind of thing with garlic.

Richmond Clements

You also need to be aware that there is absolutely no scientific evidence that taking vitamins will combat or prevent colds and flu.

Roger Godpleton

Guess what mum served up for dinner? Fish pie with chips.

Yes, that's right. Mashed potato and chips.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

M.I.K.

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 January, 2011, 06:44:10 PM
You also need to be aware that there is absolutely no scientific evidence that taking vitamins will combat or prevent colds and flu.

That is true, but the vitamins and garlic might help alleviate some of the symptoms, (to the potential detriment of your fragrancy).

M.I.K.

...and garlic does have proper medical benefit type things. Particularly useful against sore throats, apparently, (yes, I know).

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 04 January, 2011, 07:05:11 PM
Guess what mum served up for dinner? Fish pie with chips.

Yes, that's right. Mashed potato and chips.

What you need is garlic.

Or some cheese.

Roger Godpleton

She already makes it with cheese.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 January, 2011, 06:44:10 PM

I dont think vitamins will prevent you catching flu or cold but they will help you combat viruses particularly vitamin D/D3 as a lack of vitamin D leads to a depressed immune system and a depressed immune system means you are more likely to not fight off and recover from flu and to be fair it is still being researched but nonetheless it is widely recognised. Being runned down isnt exactly helpful to recovery from illnesses and vitamins prevent disease as thats what they are there for.

Just do a websearch for Vit D/D3 / flu prevention.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

exilewood

What is required is sex, drugs & rock & roll. In large doses, administered frequently. Simultaneously to achieve maximum effect. Cures what ails you, and if it don't, you won't give a fuck anyway.

The Doctor Alt 8

ORAC IS DEAD!!!!

My faithful old slow laptop is no more... Or rather I cannot use "Him" because the pins at the back of the main's power cable have snapped.
And the chances of finding a useable one for an 8 year old Packard Bell EasyNote M£ is impossible...