Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 May, 2019, 02:16:48 PM
As for Hachette, I just had a very curt response via DM, stating that my subscription is NOT running behind, because dispatches are every 28 days. Gnh. (This'd be like Rebellion continuing to issue 2000 AD two days after the shops get it, due to the Easter delay, rather than, you know, getting the schedule back to normal immediately.)

My response: Issues 45 and 46 is currently out of stock however will be sent out immediately when we receive it in stock.  I will also escalate your subscription to the relevant department and notify them about the subscription page that is not updating.

IndigoPrime

Should people wish to continue discussing Pat Mills and royalties, that thread has now been moved to here:

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=45797.0

abelardsnazz

Very much enjoyed Brett Edwins' art on From Hell to Eternity, think this was his last work on Rogue. Also intriguing that Boluda did a few highly detailed episodes without much other work for Tooth. And Cam is the man, as ever, enjoyed the Gasbah particularly.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 11 May, 2019, 10:15:44 PM
  And Cam is the man, as ever, enjoyed the Gasbah particularly.

Think I was a bit spoiled by my first ecposure to classic Rogue being The Gasbah - few stories lived up to it when I finally caught up with the rest years later!
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

cover to ABC Warriors 4 is up.

Looks like that Annual story is included in this one. Otherwise is it a mopping up affair before we get to the Clint Langley stuff?

sheridan

Quote from: Tomwe on 13 May, 2019, 10:40:32 AM
cover to ABC Warriors 4 is up.

Looks like that Annual story is included in this one. Otherwise is it a mopping up affair before we get to the Clint Langley stuff?

Which annual?  The Alan Moore / Steve Dillon (John Higgins?) one?  Toss-up whether that was my introduction to the ABC Warriors, or there appearance in Nemesis Book IV.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tomwe on 08 May, 2019, 01:16:18 PM
43 & 44 finally here

Mine arrived today. I've given up expecting them now and it's just a pleasant surprise that something I paid for 4 weeks ago has arrived at all.

athorist

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 13 May, 2019, 03:02:43 PM
Quote from: Tomwe on 08 May, 2019, 01:16:18 PM
43 & 44 finally here

Mine arrived today. I've given up expecting them now and it's just a pleasant surprise that something I paid for 4 weeks ago has arrived at all.

Are you sure, my copies arrived on Saturday, but I still haven't been charged. The Hachette website lies, it's always at least 2 weeks. (Or did you order them separately to catch up?)
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

moly

My payment was collected last Thursday and books delivered Saturday

IndigoPrime

Interesting that the exclusive books only available to premium subbers for the Who set are now readily available (albeit at a higher price than said people will have paid): https://hachettepartworks.com/doctor-who-the-complete-history

sintec

Well this months volumes (43 & 44 for me) were truly top quality thrills.

The Regan joke was maybe stretched a little thin in Bitch.  But Durham is great (can't wait for her solo volume this time next year) and it was a joy to see Johnny lighten up a little again after the events leading up to Rage sent things down a grimmer/bleaker path.

And if that wasn't enough Thrillpower for one month Sinister Dexter blew the doors right off, literally.  Absolutely cracking; sharp puns from sharpshooters and a plot that kept ratchetting up the tension.  It's a real shame we're only getting 1 more volume from these two and that the restricted space means we're skipping so many episodes.  I'd happily have another 2-3 books from this duo in the lineup, here's hoping for 1 or 2 more in an extension.

Looking forward to meeting Stickleback next month - any idea if we're getting a complete run or is it likely to be truncated?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 18 May, 2019, 11:43:28 AM
Looking forward to meeting Stickleback next month - any idea if we're getting a complete run or is it likely to be truncated?

I'm hoping for just the first three books, myself - they're a nice little beginning-middle-end run; the fourth book does a sort of soft reboot to the series, so that would be a weird note to end on, and the fifth ends on a major cliffhanger that's looking at this point like it might never get resolved.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

The two Rebellion trades are too big to shoe-horn into the reported single volume we are getting. But one trade would be about 100 page short. Here's hoping it at least ends in a reasonable spot (or that we are getting an extension).

sintec

Looks like the first 3 stories {Mother London, England's Glory, London's Burning} would give us a page count of ~195 which would seem pretty much perfect for a Hachette volume so I think you might get your wish Jimbo.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: sintec on 19 May, 2019, 08:55:24 AM
Looks like the first 3 stories {Mother London, England's Glory, London's Burning} would give us a page count of ~195 which would seem pretty much perfect for a Hachette volume so I think you might get your wish Jimbo.

The issue does indeed collect these three stories, plus Twas The Night Before Christmas.