Main Menu

Champions of the Board!

Started by Woolly, 09 September, 2006, 06:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Its about time we slapped ourselves on the back, i think.
Theres alot of boarders who put *far* more effort into keeping the board alive and fun than others, and its about time we said thanks!

I would like to nominate the Amstor Computer as the first Champion of the Board!
His review threads are great, his competition threads are great, and i dont mind admitting i actively look for his posts as he is generally on-topic and talks alot of sense (and has a good sense of humour!)

If it wasnt for people like Amstor i doubt i'd still be posting here, simple as.

So, thats my vote. Who gets yours?
-Wul

Floyd-the-k

it's hard to choose one, that's why I keep coming back here

Carlsborg Expert

Mike Collins has the greatest sense of humour and the greatesty likeness of John Byrnes!

Darryl

David X Brunt for being a thoroughly nice chap, and also for taking on in a sane and calm way the slavering monster that is the JBF!

DavidXBrunt

Aw shucks. I'm really a cunt. Thrillpowerseeker. I have my secret reasons.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

critter

Dudley

My vote is for the Watcher, who can always be relied on to talk sense and to think through his position on any topic, unlike, ooh, all the rest of us.  Even when he's wrong, he's worth listening to, and he never does silly pointless comments (only sensible pointless comments).

And Murd is a cool icon.

Dudley

Which post was intended to be a poem, incidentally... but once you've used "quash yer" as a rhyme TWICE, it's time to give up...

Artificial Idiot

Argh... It's a tough choice. There are so many really brilliant and nice chaps on this board. The ones that spring to mind are DXB, Usher, Amstor, Bolt... Ok, too many spring to mind!

So I'm just taking the easy way out and picking Wake. None of us would be here if it wasn't for him.

The Amstor Computer

As DXB's nicked what would have been my line, I'll just thank Woolly for his kind words :-)

There are plenty of boarders whose presence here keeps me coming back to the board - Wils, for having as sick a sense of humour as me; Wake, for all the work he puts in to the place & for being one of the fairest mods I've encountered online; Bolt, a decent & level-headed boarder & an artist whose work I always enjoy; Grant & Adventurer for being great ambassadors for thrill-power in the heathen lands across the sea, and for being genuinely nice guys; Natsan for being a talented artist & for putting up (and joining in!) with the foul-mouthed banter in the chat...

...I'd probably be quicker listing the one or two boarders who I haven't really clicked with over the years, so I'm just going to cheat and nominate the whole board. Good on you, everyone.

Natsan

Aww,bless, I didn't think I'd be in this list.

ThryllSeekyr

I vote for myself. Cause no one else will.

robbycox

DavidXBrunt, The Amstor Computer, FJK for the reasons already mentioned. I'd also like to throw 54 Jones and Wils into the ring as some of the stuff they've posted has made me laugh out loud (in a good way!) and W. R. Logan for being pretty helpful with Dredd stuff and Tooth related bits and bobs in general.
Cheers,
Rob.

Buttonman

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/button71/puking.jpg">