Main Menu

The Jikan Chronicles

Started by Daveycandlish, 20 December, 2010, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

I could...but I really want the physical paper and ink version and funds are sadly lacking right now. Still, I have two weeks left here, you never know, I might just cave..!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Christov

I fear my copy might have gotten lost in the Christmas post chaos.

Luckily I'm not any worse off because I was getting it for free. I was planning on buying one anyway for a friend, so I guess I'll just get myself one too.

Daveycandlish

First review is up on the Forbidden Planet blog

Quotethe character and the over-arching story – a quest to defeat the demonlord who has sent him plummeting through time (Quantum Leap style) - does lend itself extremely well to this mix of writers and artists.

And a lot of other flattering things are said too!

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2011/the-jikan-chronicles-volume-1/

Click the link. Read the review. Buy the book!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

El Chivo

chilipenguin

Just received my copy this morning. First physical comic I have had a hand in creating. Feels good.

I need to sit down and read the whole thing later.

Daveycandlish

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comicsbulletin.com%2Freviews%2F129792013171623.htm&h=7cdf9

Click the link to take you to the full review on Comics Bulletin which says, amongst other things;

"reminiscent of Quantum Leap"
"El Chivo's linework is packed with personality and reminiscent of Marvel UK's Dan Reed"
"Plenty to like in this first volume"

Check it out!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

El Chivo

Van Dom

Finally got my hands on this (sorry, blame it on the economy!) and its a damn fine read I have to say. Thoroughly enjoyed it as I read it on the train in to work and in McDonalds having my morning coffee. Well done to  all involved, very nice work.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Daveycandlish

I must admit I am extremely proud of this book

Book two is already in progress, so get saving for Christmas so you can add it to the bottom of your tree!

The Legendary Shark

It is also one of my most prized possessions.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

flip-r mk2

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 March, 2011, 10:29:21 PM
It is also one of my most prized possessions.
Same here ,I went and bought a second copy in case anything happened to the first.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

El Chivo

The Legendary Shark

I've written a short Jikan script for this: http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,32335.new.html#new

It's only four pages long so I was thinking maybe four artists might want to do a page each. I've also used virtually no dialogue in case fellow scribes would like to add a few words here and there. I was thinking that the finished pages might get auctioned off for the cause.

I've emailed DaveyC and he's cool with the idea. So, if any creators are interested in this, drop me an email and I'll send you the script.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Here's the script. (I hope it isn't in bad taste - I don't think it is, but let me know if you think otherwise...)

Jikan

The Flood

M. J. Howard

PAGE ONE (6F).

PAGE ONE, FRAME ONE: Modern day rural Japan. Around half past three in the afternoon, minutes before the earthquake. Jikan is strolling along a pleasant rural lane down the side of a hill in the direction of a large village which sits in pleasant countryside below. A fishing village on the shores of a calm and idyllic sea. A pretty young girl is pushing a bike up the hill. She is about 17 and has school books in the basket of her bike.

PAGE ONE, FRAME TWO: Jikan bows courteously to the young girl as she passes. She is flattered by this and a little shy.

PAGE ONE, FRAME THREE: The earthquake strikes. Jikan's reflexes ensure that he will not fall, but the young woman is not so lucky.

PAGE ONE, FRAME FOUR: Jikan catches the girl before she can fall very far. The world continues to shake around them.

PAGE ONE, FRAME FIVE: Jikan and the young girl stare into each other's eyes. His gaze is tender and caring (not lustful), hers is embarrassed and a little aroused. The world continues to shake around them.

PAGE ONE, FRAME SIX
: The world has stopped shaking. Jikan has let go of the girl, but she's still holding on to him. But she's not looking at Jikan any more, she's looking out to sea, puzzled.

PAGE TWO (2F).

PAGE TWO, FRAME ONE: Close on the young girl's face as she sees the tsunami begin to sweep inland.

PAGE TWO, FRAME TWO
: Jikan and the young girl watch in horror as the tsunami sweeps into the village below.

PAGE THREE (2F).

PAGE THREE, FRAME ONE: Villagers flee their village, running terrified up the road towards Jikan, the tsunami rising behind them.
PAGE THREE, FRAME TWO: A demon has appeared to block the road, terrifying the villagers and trapping them between the tsunami and damnation, with Jikan in the middle. (Seeing the demon makes Jikan very, very angry. The young girl is paralyzed with fear – we don't have to see this.)

PAGE FOUR (5F).

PAGE FOUR, FRAME ONE: The demon tries to grab a fleeing villager to gobble him up, but Jikan is already leaping to the rescue. The villagers are terrified to stand still and terrified to go on.

PAGE FOUR, FRAME TWO
: Jikan challenges the demon, holding its undivided attention and leaving the road up the hill clear for the refugees. (Maybe there should be a bridge?)

JIKAN:   NOT TODAY, DEMON.

PAGE FOUR, FRAME THREE: Jikan keeps fighting the demon while the few refugees pass by. Jikan is snarling, as mad as he's ever been.

JIKAN (JAG):   NOT TODAY!

PAGE FOUR, FRAME FOUR: As the last of the villagers pass, the  encroaching water, filled with debris, washes knee high over Jikan's legs, but he doesn't flinch or cease his attack. The water makes the demon's legs melt.

PAGE FOUR, FRAME FIVE: Jikan, chest high in water, does not abandon his task and keeps the rapidly dissolving demon busy dying. Jikan, like the Japanese people, will never give in.

STRAP:   NEVER THE END.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

El Chivo

Nice one Shark
I'll have a go at at least one page of this
(probably the last)

Cheers

Chi