Main Menu

The Chefs Of Death Kickstarter Campaign - A New Comic Inspired by Doomlord

Started by BadlyDrawnKano, 06 October, 2023, 12:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Quote from: M.I.K. on 24 November, 2023, 08:56:34 PM
Quote from: Fortnight on 24 November, 2023, 07:47:24 PMWorth considering that the Dan Dare Corporation might have ownership of Doomlord as IP in addition to the printed material/licensing. So whilst they won't have any ownership of the photographic representation of the mask, costume, hands or ring, they might have it of the name.

Yep. I was only referring to his fizzog. Using the mask in conjunction with the name would almost certainly cause a bit more of a problem.
Which presumably is why the strip doesn't do that, or at least not the bits reproduced here.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Fortnight

Well I just tried it on for the first time since I bought it and had a go at a couple of photos. Now my face smells weird too.

BadlyDrawnKano

Aw man, I'd love to include one in the comic as a secret extra - I wouldn't mention the character's name or anything like that, just sneak you in to the background of one shot! :)

Fortnight

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Fortnight on 24 November, 2023, 10:04:48 PMWell I just tried it on for the first time since I bought it and had a go at a couple of photos. Now my face smells weird too.

Can't tell you how excited I am about this!

BadlyDrawnKano

So the new Kickstarter campaign for the second issue of The Chefs Of Death is now live on Kickstarter, and there's also another comic available too, Hawk Issue 1982, with all profits going to @MindCharity. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alexfinch/the-chefs-of-death-issues-1-and-2

Once again they're photo comics inspired by the 1980's Eagle, with The Chefs Of Death featuring a guest starring role from a character we've called God but who you might recognise from elsewhere, as well as non-fictional industry cameos from 2000AD's Steve MacManus and John Higgins, the man who launched the Eagle comic and also edited Roy of the Rovers and Tiger, Barrie Tomlinson, and Will Preston, the co-host of the much loved podcast Marvel Versus Marvel, and I hope to add more to that list soon.

Hawk issue 1982 has been created to look like an issue of a long running anthology comic, and includes the following four page strips: The Chefs Of Death II, Arcade Gamer, Nicodemus In Space, The Autobiography Of A Ghost Child, The Peavaarkar Wars and Janey And The Devil, though all of these have been written so that new readers (eg. everyone!) will be able to completely understand the storylines. A completely free 13 page sampler comic of Hawk Issue 1982 can be downloaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/pf2dlnlg88erlow/Hawk_Photo_Comic_1982_Sampler.pdf/file

While I'm somewhat egotistically proud of both comics, and our very special guest star especially, I'm also particularly happy with how the Computer Warrior spoof came out, so thought I'd post it below: