Main Menu

New collection of Brett Ewins & Peter Milligan out of print stories

Started by rogue69, 02 November, 2023, 12:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Dark and Golden the people that gave us Mek Memoirs by Kevin O'Neill, have a new collection out now "2 x Brett Ewins and Peter Milligan"£6.00 +p&p. This contains 2 stories, 980's Rooney's Lay, one of their first collaborations, the space age and sleaze collide in newly wild ways & 1991's adaptation of Kafka's In The Penal Colony, the duo elevate and interrogate the original text teasing meanings from the fabric of the story. This also features new introductions to each story and a brief interview with Milligan, as well as a timeline of the creators' work together

https://darkandgolden.bigcartel.com/product/2-x-brett-ewins-and-peter-milligan?fbclid=IwAR1qsLRptmQF4MKnR9kiMIza9oWnq-m265Z6mZUNzxmfJaS_s1F6sWzHVTI

nxylas

I'd never heard of either of these stories. Sounds well worth checking out.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Colin YNWA

Thanks for the heads up. I've ordered that and the collection of Simon Harrison work from a Computer Magazine that I think might have been mentioned here before but I'd completely forgotten about.

Brill stuff!

Hawkmumbler

13school

I remember reading the Penal Colony one in the early 90s - I think it was in one of the issues of A1 maybe? - and it was great, a really interesting deconstruction of Kafka's story with some prime Ewins art.

Blue Cactus

Yep I've ordered this and the Harrison one too. Interesting wee publisher, I hope they have some more obscure stuff from 2000ad folk lined up.

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

Well mine has just landed and have to say they are very nice. Couple if A5 'art cards' with the Simon Harrison one and loads of back matter for the Brett Ewins on, including an interview with Pete Milligan.

Not read these yet but very please with how they look.

maryanddavid