Main Menu

Dreadnoughts: Breaking Ground — Webshop Exclusive Hardcover

Started by IndigoPrime, 11 August, 2021, 07:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB734

This limited edition hardcover is available exclusively from the 2000 AD webshop.

Acclaimed as one of the best comics of 2020, this is the first collection of Dreadnoughts.

Written by Michael Carroll (Judges, Proteus Vex) with art by John Higgins (Before Watchmen, Batman: The Killing Joke) and colour by Sally Jane Hurst (Before Watchmen), Dreadnoughts explores the origins of Judge Dredd's dystopian police state and, in doing so, provides chilling insight into our own historical moment.

The year is 2035 and American society is crumbling. State brutality in response to public protests sparks even greater restrictions on what American citizens are free to do. The police force are being replaced by Judges, paramilitary cops who can dispense summary justice on the streets.

This is the horror story of a descent into fascism and the beginnings of the world of Judge Dredd.

£19.99 HC / £12.99 SC

MumboJimbo

I've just recommended this to a friend, and he's gone and pre-ordered it. Hope he likes it as much as I did! - it's probably my favourite thing since returning to 2000 AD and Meg 3 years ago.

broodblik

Yes, it was a great read and I can not not wait for the sequel
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

wedgeski

oshii

Bloody hell.   Just when I swore I was going to stop paying extra for webshop versions.

That's a very good looking cover.

Barrington Boots

I didn't read this in the Meg but have been watching you guys getting excited over it month on month. This cover is glorious and seals the deal for me. Preordering!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

I actually prefer the cover on the softback so they haven't got me this time, but I really like the use of Ol' Stony Font for the title on the spine.

There's obviously a market for these limited edition hardback versions.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Tjm86

Rebellion seem to have finally woken up to that fact.  Probably helps that its a limited preorder run so they don't have any waste.  Personally I prefer the hardback format.  Always annoyed me that they never finished off the 2012 Dredd-movie-world series in hardback.

IndigoPrime

Just got mine. Looks lovely. Has that slightly fragile feel of thin Rebellion HCs (and thinnish paper), but I'm glad to have this one in HC format.

Trooper McFad

Mine drop through the door on Saturday well packed and defo prefer the HCs.
I'm not one for reading the Megs but love getting the collect trades. So reading this was a treat and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to volume 2 ( as long as it's HC and the same size👍🏻)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

oshii

IndigoPrime