Main Menu

Moonrunners series

Started by lwhitehead, 25 May, 2022, 12:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwhitehead

Is there a complete collection of the Moonrunners series from 2000 AD?, I need to get my hands on it also what issues of 2000 AD has the series in?.

LW

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

I'm VERY keen to know what what make a person "need" to get their hands on the complete series of Moonrunners! I don't think a full set of the relevant back progs would set you back by much, and there are a LOT of good strips in that era.

...but Moonrunners isn't one of them.

Blue Cactus

I've only read one or two episodes of this. I've read that it's horribly sexist and also awful in general but I do love Belardinelli so wouldn't mind if they snuck it into a floppy. Maybe it's too embarrassing for Tharg to present to new readers though!

Colin YNWA

Is it an Alan McKenzie rights thing that has prevented it being reprinted? Were as Summer Magic was worth sorting that out for Moonrunners just doesn't justify any additional work?

I, Cosh

Quote from: AlexF on 25 May, 2022, 09:08:15 AM
I'm VERY keen to know what what make a person "need" to get their hands on the complete series of Moonrunners!
I assume it's some sort of wiki or comics database project. This user pops up every six months or so asking for  information about a random strip and then disappears again.
We never really die.

AlexF

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 25 May, 2022, 10:34:22 AM
I've only read one or two episodes of this. I've read that it's horribly sexist and also awful in general but I do love Belardinelli so wouldn't mind if they snuck it into a floppy. Maybe it's too embarrassing for Tharg to present to new readers though!

I don't think it's SO sexist it couldn't be reprinted - it's kinda like 'Dynasty in Space', and as it was written in the 80s anyway it's kind of fittingly sexist - an example of an 80s man trying to imagine what it might be like if women had some agency (heart in the right place and so on). The main problem is it doesn't know how to marry up corporate shenanigans with space trucker action, and some makes both more boring than they are.

Funt Solo

I'd definitely put it in the "quaintly sexist" drawer. It's that whole "aren't women fascinating creatures" kind of sexism. So fascinating that they're not allowed on board the ships they own. And they're terribly hot-blooded, and so can't wear too much.

Anyway - it's more "oh dear, really?" than, say, Babe Race 2000. (Although, even there, it's just copying some of the more tragic mores of Viz.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++