Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Anderson Psi-Division vs. Max Normal Rd 4 Heat 30

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 July, 2022, 06:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Final week of Round 4 and Round 5 beckons. As ever some interesting match ups, but again this feels like a week when some 'weaker' thrills will end their runs and Round 5 will have unbelievably tough calls, not that Round 4 hasn't but the quality will just keep ranking up and up as we go on.

Okay nothing to do with the tie, but have these two ever met in the comic. In my head they have done, but for the life of me I can't think when. Now if Guy Adams and Dan Cornwell fancy doing that I'd be well chuffed... oh and vote... whatever...

Form book:

Anderson Psi-Division - Bye; Hunted; Droid Life
Max Normal - Satanus; Lilly MacKenzie; Lenny Zero

Anderson Psi Division - more info

Vs

Max Normal - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 30th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

abelardsnazz

rogue69

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Oh, this is difficult. I'm no fan of either to be honest, as Anderson has suffered from (for me) being unreadable guff for too many years now. And even when it was readable, it was lumbered by too many stories drawn by Arthur Ranson, who is an artist I've never enjoyed.

Max Normal, on the other hand, had that strip recently that just went on and on and never really caught fire (which is what I suppose we are supposed to be voting for, and not the wonderful Casanovas stories from decades ago).

Voting for Anderson based on the first five or so years of the strip seems dishonest somehow, since that's plainly not what the series is now, but I guess I'm going to have to. So, Anderson.

SBT

Magnetica

Anderson.

The early stories were much better than the more recent stuff. So basically Alan Grant era.

Max Normal was one of those secondary character strips I didn't know I needed.

AlexF

Two characters strongly associated with Alan Grant, still reeling from that news.
Anyway, an easy choice for Anderson, Psi Division.

Proudhuff

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 27 July, 2022, 08:31:15 AM
Oh, this is difficult. I'm no fan of either to be honest, as Anderson has suffered from (for me) being unreadable guff for too many years now. And even when it was readable, it was lumbered by too many stories drawn by Arthur Ranson, who is an artist I've never enjoyed.

Max Normal, on the other hand, had that strip recently that just went on and on and never really caught fire (which is what I suppose we are supposed to be voting for, and not the wonderful Casanovas stories from decades ago).

SBT

This except the last bit! Until Cass has her menopause its Max Normal for me
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Anderson is hugely inconsistent but has hit a number of highs, not least with, oddly, one of the best Dredd moments in 2000 AD's history, with [spoiler]I was wrong. I apologise[/spoiler]. It wins for me over a strip that was fine but that I doubt I'll return to with any gusto.