Main Menu

The Garry Leach Collection

Started by Richard, 17 September, 2022, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

No prog today, but I did receive this free gift for subscribers: a 52-page tribute to the late Garry Leach, on glossy paper. It's nicely put together. It is an anthology of Judge Dredd stories and Future Shocks, including Ten Years On with the colour pages reprinted in colour, and an excellent Alan Moore story and quite a good tale by Kelvin Gosnell which I had entirely forgotten about but is fun.

Colin YNWA

Oh wow I'd not heard this was coming. Sounds really interesting.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 September, 2022, 04:26:32 PM
Oh wow I'd not heard this was coming. Sounds really interesting.

And what I thought was a rare Saturday Prog was in fact this now opened. Very handsome package and great showcase for Garry Leach.

Tomwe

Colin YNWA

Tomwe

Thanks Colin. The cover is to die for and the strips are as well. Leach's art is the sweet spot between Bolland, Dillon & Higgins, or something like that. In any case he's the epitome of a 2000AD legend. Thanks to Tharg for this free gift!

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

sheridan

Is the Alan Moore strip about giant aliens who sweep the spaceways?

Richard

broodblik

I wish we as digital subscriber can also get a digital copy. Why do we never get any of the "free" gifts?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

this was a lovely surprise to get alongside my meg and prog i can't wait to read it

Proudhuff

I lovely and fitting tribute. Well done Tharg.
DDT did a job on me

AlexF

I'm a digital Prog Subscriber and a physical Meg subscriber. I did receive the Garry Leach collection, and very grateful I am for it, too!
Sadly they haven't removed the swathes of cloth covering certain anatomical parts of the 50ft woman...

Leigh S

It's a glorious thing!  My only quibble would be there was a Starlord Annual story I remember about a ittle bug beast that grows into a giant unstoppable bug beast that would ahve been nice to have included, but overall, top notch!

scrotnig

This was a wonderful surprise and it's produced to a very high standard.

Enjoyed reading it and it's also a brilliant tribute to the great man.